The Union County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously Monday to apply for a Community Development Block Grant of up to $1.5 million to be used to help bring industrial prospects to this area. The CDBG grant is to be sought in conjunction with the City of New Albany. Aldermen were expected to vote on the […]
Information submitted by Lacretia Wilkinson, Director of First Choice Center for Women First Choice Center for Women is sponsoring an Art Contest. The contest is open to all 6-12 students in Union county and New Albany City schools as well as home-schooled students. This is not a fundraising contest. The purpose of this contest is […]
By Lynn West First Choice of New Albany will host its sixth annual 5K Run/3K Walk for Life event on Saturday, April 11. Because the organization services are free, the financial support raised from the 5K Race for the Unborn/3K Walk for Life helps enable First Choice to provide medical and counseling services to women […]
The news that New Albany will be receiving $175,000 in state bond money for use on bicycle trails, continued improvements at BNA Bank Park and related facilities or an outdoor stage provides the Board of Aldermen with interesting options. The city has several needed improvements, but we think a couple should take priority in the […]
NEW ALBANY – The athletic landscape for Union County and New Albany city schools will look different for the 2015-2016 school year as all five schools have made the decision to separate their schedules across all high school sports. Beginning in August, New Albany will no longer participate in any athletic contest with East Union, […]
The primary election is still more than four months away, but we would think it is a whole lot closer looking around New Albany and Union County. We already are awash in campaign signs, especially near intersections on private property and in some cases on public property. The primary election is scheduled for Aug. 4. […]
Sometimes procrastination pays off. At least that was my spin on the events last week when our garage door stopped working. It had been screeching much of the winter when I punched the remote-control button to raise or lower it. But I had chalked it up to the weather causing the tracks to contract a […]
The City of New Albany became something of a surprise beneficiary of the $249.5 million bond bill passed by the legislature Monday when it was learned the bill included $175,000 for the city. The money was designated for “(i) construction, development and enhancement of and upgrades and improvements to bicycle trails, (ii) repair and renovation […]
“Down From the Hills” music festival began in 2003, the brainchild of Union County Heritage Museum Director Jill Smith as a way to help preserve the Scots and Irish music that is a part of the community’s cultural heritage. Its first year saw some invited performers but there was also the suggestion of simply having […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry