The Union County Baptist Association will have a Family Fun Festival at the fairgrounds Saturday, Sept. 19, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Attractions will include food, music and drama, inflatables, face painting, a bake sale, a silent auction, clowns, a yard sale and flea market, a car wash and crafts. Cost of admission will […]
NEW ALBANY – In their first home game of the 2015 season, the Bulldogs walked away with a win. It was a close one, a 27-24 final, but one a long time coming for New Albany. The last time the Bulldogs defeated Pontotoc was in 2013, when the senior class were sophomores and the juniors […]
It doesn’t seem much like Labor Day weekend with temperatures hovering around 90 and the humidity not much below that. But even though summer doesn’t officially end until Sept. 23, for many the arrival of Labor Day is the traditional end of summer. Labor Day also signals the opening weekend of college football (although there […]
The City of New Albany held its public hearing Tuesday on the proposed 2016 budget, which drew no real comments from the public. The $6,515,837 budget is up about 2.2 percent and contains very few changes compared to the current year. Ward Two Alderman Johnny Anderson noted that they had recommended a three-percent salary increase […]
New Albany electric customers will be seeing a slight increase in their usage fees soon. Aldermen Tuesday approved a two-percent raise at their monthly meeting. Light, gas and water manager Bill Mattox said the governing board of TVA had enacted the increase for individual users and also is changing the overall rate structure where fees […]
Another unresolved zoning issue was sort of settled Tuesday at the monthly board of aldermen’s meeting – but apparently to no one’s real satisfaction. At issue was the request for a variance to the city sign ordinance by the owners of New Albany Animal Clinic. The Holly Springs owners of the clinic had purchased a […]
The Union County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing Oct. 5 on whether to close a section of County Road 200 that is less than a mile long. County Board Attorney Thad Mueller told supervisors that the dirt road has not been maintained in years and in not passable for any other than […]
Do hummingbirds travel in flocks? They do at Glenda Alexander’s home on Liberty Road. Alexander said she began feeding hummingbirds outside her house about five years ago and their numbers kept increasing. Now, if you sit down under her shade tree behind the house you are likely to see at least a dozen of the […]
New Albany High School and Get2College are hosting Senior Parent Night on Tuesday, Sept. 15, from 6 to 7 p.m. in the New Albany High School Auditorium. This program will provide pertinent information regarding senior dates and activities as well as post-high school opportunities for students. Each family will receive a booklet entitled T.I.P.S. (Transitions, Independence, […]
The New Albany-Union County College and Career Night will be held Tuesday, Sept. 15, from 6- 8 p.m. in the New Albany High School Career and Technical Center. Local business and industry representatives, college admissions counselors, and armed forces representatives will be available to help students gain information that will assist them in making informed […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on