Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union opens division play on Thursday at home against H.W. Byers. East Union enters the game at 4-2 while Byers has a record of 1-5. Byers defeated Houlka in their lone win 12-8 and lost to Benton County, Fairley (Memphis), Coldwater, Strayhorn and West Tallahatchie. “They have a running back that […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON NEW ALBANY – East Union boys and Myrtle girls ran to victory in the 1A-3A varsity races at Saturday’s SouthernTee’s Challenge at BNA Bank Park Complex. Race numbers totaled 583 runners competing in the four varsity races and two junior high races. Jordon Salmon helped East Union to the win in the […]
MARIETTA – East Union hit New Site with four touchdowns in the second quarter and rolled to an easy 48-10 win in their final non-division contest of the season on Friday. “The key to our success is they have bought into what we have been trying to teach them and they work hard every week […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON HICKORY FLAT – West Union bunched all their runs into two innings to down Hickory Flat 9-1 in their Division 2-1A game on Thursday. Chase Coffey had a big day at the plate, driving in three runs with a double and single plus adding a run scored of her own. After Hickory […]
MARIETTA – East Union hit New Site with four touchdowns in the second quarter and rolled to an easy 48-10 win in their final non-division contest of the season on Friday. East Union held a slim 7-0 lead after a quarter following Chase Hall’s two-yard touchdown and Jared Cunningham’s kick with 9:18 left. The Urchins […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on