SALTILLO – New Albany boys finished second in the Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament on Saturday, falling to Amory 5-0 in the championship match. The Bulldogs went 1-1-2 for the tournament. New Albany opened up the tournament by battling to a 1-1 draw with South Pontotoc as Joseph Rainey scored the lone goal for the Bulldogs. […]
Archive | Sports RSS feed for this section
ELLISTOWN – East Union blew open a tight game with an eight run fourth and cruised past North Pontotoc 12-5 and secured the top seed in Region 3 of NEMCABB baseball pool play at East Union. Thomas Gentry got the onslaught of runs started with his two-RBI double as East Union put runners on by […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union won the opening game in their pool play regional by the final of 9-5 over Baldwyn in six innings in the time-shortened contest. Cade Bell worked five innings and allowed only one hit while striking out four. Baldwyn scored two runs against Bell, both unearned. East Union took a 3-0 lead […]
Bulldogs enjoy successful day at ICC tournament FULTON – New Albany enjoyed a successful day of competition in the ICC 7V7 soccer tournament on Wednesday as the Bulldogs finished the day with a 3-0-2 record and placed second in their pool. New Albany also won the consolation game between second place finishers in the respective […]
Bailey Bogue signed with Blue Mountain College softball on Wednesday, continuing her playing career with the four year program there. “It’s very exciting, softball has been a very big part of my life and my family,” Bogue said. “My mom coached me for close to 10 years so the sports means a lot to us […]
PEARL – East Union closed the book on their baseball season with a bit of gold. The Urchins defeated Loyd Star in a 5-1 final on Saturday, earning the series sweep to claim the Class 2A state championship. That win is a first for the program, which made their seventh appearance in Pearl this year. […]
ELLISTOWN – East Union put the finishing touches on their spring football on Monday as they hosted New Site and South Pontotoc in abbreviated games of 15 minute halves. The Urchins lost the opener 7-6 to New Site and the nightcap 21-0 to South Pontotoc. “We went in wanting to see effort and things that […]
East Union will head to Trustmark Park in Pearl this week to go for the MHSAA Class 2A state championship with Loyd Star in the best of three series. The teams were originally scheduled to play game one on Wednesday, but due to severe weather concerns for the area, play was moved up to Tuesday […]
Urchins defeat Ingomar for 2A championship series appearance INGOMAR – East Union got off the bus swinging the bats as a seven-run outburst in the first inning decided their game two with Ingomar early on. The Urchins went on to win 13-2 in five innings, taking the 2A North Half championship series 2-0. “I just […]
PEARL – East Union turned in a complete performance on the field on Tuesday, taking a 5-1 win over Loyd Star and a 1-0 lead in the Class 2A Championship Series at Trustmark Park. On offense, Joel Wilkinson provided the spark for the Urchins, finishing with two RBIs from a base clearing triple that put […]
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...