Today is the last day to make a reservation for the Business 2 Business networking and information meeting Thursday. This month’s event will combine with the Union County Development Association’s CEO/GM breakfast and be in the Magnolia Room at the civic center starting at 8:30 a.m. The time was set for the benefit of those […]
The new arched bridge that will replace the current railroad bridge on Tanglefoot Trail over Main Street is expected to arrive in New Albany Thursday, according to Mayor Tim Kent. The bridge pieces will be temporarily stored on the library parking lot until the old bridge is disassembled and removed. Some dirt work also will […]
A circuit court judge in Mississippi has quashed the arrogant effort by the state Legislature to thwart a citizen-generated initiative supporting public education that will be on the November ballot. The initiative, a constitutional amendment that would require the state to meet its obligations to finance public education, had so irritated the legislature that it […]
Residents along Bratton and Martintown Roads should see their neighborhood becoming a little safer in the next several months. The area, part of the most-recently-annexed sections of the city, will be better lighted and also have some improved traffic control. New Albany light, gas and water manager Bill Mattox said that residents on Bratton and […]
Although the city has not designated a new code enforcement officer, New Albany aldermen took up a condemnation case at their monthly meeting Tuesday that has been going on for more than a year. In January 2014, aldermen moved ahead with efforts to begin demolition of unsafe, uninhabitable housing in the city. One of the […]
This year’s “Night Out for New Haven” will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 18, again at the Magnolia Civic Center. The successful fund-raiser, coming up on its sixth year, is a main source of financial support for the local center for special-needs adults. Admission is only $10 and entertainment will again be provided by […]
This month’s Union County Development Association CEO/GM breakfast will be combined with the quarterly Business 2 Business networking event sponsored by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Mississippi. This meeting, set for Thursday, April 16, is being moved to a breakfast time in order to include many of the retail owners in New Albany who cannot attend a […]
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 32,719 highway fatalities in 2013, or about 90 per day. Traffic fatalities are the number-one cause of death among those 15-29 and 44 percent of all those killed deliberately chose not to use seat belts. This past week, Sid Muzzy talked about the public outcry […]
I was holding a can of shaving gel one morning last week and preparing to shave when I happened to notice that the small print on the can read “Made in Thailand.” Now why would my shaving gel be made in Thailand? I wondered. Not that I have anything against Thailand. I actually enjoyed a […]
Our annual event here in New Albany that kicks off spring is happening this Friday and Saturday at the Union County Fairgrounds. It’s the New Albany Home and Garden Show, which is sponsored by the Union County Master Gardeners group with help from the Mississippi State Extension Service. What started on a relatively small scale […]
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry