Vance Witt of New Albany and Earline “Woodsie” Woods make up this year’s class of inductees into Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Alumni Hall of Fame. Inductions werr set to take place at the annual Homecoming Alumni & Sports Hall of Fame dinner. Recognitions were also to be made during the pre-game ceremony prior to the Homecoming football […]
County Tax Assessor-Collector Randy Dunnam presented his annual insolvency list to supervisors Monday as part of a generally unremarkable agenda consisting of mostly routine matters. The list includes bad checks issued to the county, businesses no longer in operation, mobile homes gone and other potential financial losses to the county. Dunnam assured the county board […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON DUMAS – Morgan Gooch and Lauren Thompson drove in seven runs for Ingomar on Tuesday as the Lady Falcons downed Pine Grove 11-6 in non-division play. Gooch drove in four runs with a double and single while Thompson hit a three-run homer and singled. Gooch’s double and Thompson’s homer came with two […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union opens division play on Thursday at home against H.W. Byers. East Union enters the game at 4-2 while Byers has a record of 1-5. Byers defeated Houlka in their lone win 12-8 and lost to Benton County, Fairley (Memphis), Coldwater, Strayhorn and West Tallahatchie. “They have a running back that […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON NEW ALBANY – East Union boys and Myrtle girls ran to victory in the 1A-3A varsity races at Saturday’s SouthernTee’s Challenge at BNA Bank Park Complex. Race numbers totaled 583 runners competing in the four varsity races and two junior high races. Jordon Salmon helped East Union to the win in the […]
MARIETTA – East Union hit New Site with four touchdowns in the second quarter and rolled to an easy 48-10 win in their final non-division contest of the season on Friday. “The key to our success is they have bought into what we have been trying to teach them and they work hard every week […]
I stepped down from the cab of the rental truck at the convenience store in Florence, Ala. We had only been on the road for two hours in the bumpy 15-foot truck, but I needed a Diet Coke. I reached into my pocket, but my wallet wasn’t there. “Do you have my wallet in your […]
Each year, after Tallahatchie RiverFest Weekend has come and gone, we take a look at the various activities and comment on how we think they fared. The bottom line is that we think in most respects it was a down year. There are probably lots of reasons. We’ll offer our opinion on several of them. […]
Have a hankering for some beans ‘n’ greens, a chicken and dumpling dinner, Grandpa’s country fried breakfast? You may be in luck, – but not quite yet. According to a deed filed in the Union County Chancery Clerk’s office this past Thursday, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. has purchased property just off Coulter Cove, […]
- Urchins Player of the Week October 1, 2015
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Wright Brothers to be program topic at Luncheon with Books Oct. 20 October 7, 2015
- County will close section of CR 200 October 7, 2015
- Elementary students practice to play with symphony October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on