The WMU will meet at Sherman Baptist Church Friday, May 8, at 12:30 p.m. Graduation recognition will be held Sunday, May 17, at Sherman Baptist. The high school graduates are Brian Ard, Katie Christian, and Hayden Grant. The college graduates are Stefanie Christian and Trey Hill. A pot luck lunch will be held following the […]
Myrtle and Ingomar will square off this afternoon at 4:00 at Myrtle. If the Falcons take game 2, game 3 will follow at 7:30 at Ingomar due to the threat of rain later this evening into Wednesday. Be sure to read the New Albany Gazette on Friday for a series wrap-up as well as a […]
Union County will be well represented in this year’s Northeast Mississippi Coaches Association Baseball All-Star game, as 12 athletes from the five schools were selected for this year’s game. Ashley Russell of West Union was also selected as one of the coaches. Below are the team’s selected by the area coaches. 1A/2A NEMCABB All-Star baseball […]
An in-county battle is delayed due to recent rains in the area. After picking up the game one victory on the road last Friday, Myrtle will have to wait for the next game versus the Falcons. Originally scheduled for Saturday, the game was moved to Monday afternoon at 3:30, but after steady rains all morning, […]
The Eagles are one step closer to earning a spot in the 1A North Half Championship after demolishing Calhoun City 17-3 Friday night. West Union jumped on the board first, posting a four run first inning, highlighted by back-to-back home runs. Wesley Jumper started the inning with a double, and Bo Garrett next reached after […]
I would like to start this week by wishing Wayne Dye a speedy recovery from his recent surgery. At this writing, I have been told that he has gone home and is doing better. The City bowling tournament was this past weekend, and I am sorry to say that I do not have the results […]
In case you missed it, our governor is meddling with the state’s right of eminent domain or, in other words, their ability to take your land away from you and give it to another private party to make money with. Calling a special session to take place next week, Governor […]
An experienced Bulldogs squad is back on the field this week, as spring practices have begun for area high schools. Returning all but four starters from last year’s team, head coach Ron Price is excited about the leadership returning for 2009. “We have a lot of experience coming back, and it’s just our job as […]
Vera Mitchell, 70 Vera Mary Velasco Mitchell, 70, of New Albany, died Monday, April 27, 2009, at her home. She was born June 20, 1938, in Brooklyn, N.Y., to Joseph and Victoria Verdone Velasco. She was a homemaker. Services were at 2 p.m. Thursday, April 30, 2009, at United Funeral Service Chapel with Bro. Lou […]
Dear Mr. Gray: We and so many others in our community have noticed the absence of your editorials from the New Albany Gazette. We are sorry and at the same time, appalled to know that the reason you no longer are writing them is because the Mayor and the Board of Aldermen, through […]
Bob and Dale Letson of Blue Springs are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Janet Letson of Blue Springs to Tommy Ausburn of Myrtle. The bride-elect graduated from East Union Attendance Center in 1989 and also received an LPN degree from Itawamba Community College in 2007. She is currently employed […]
Mr. and Mrs. Larry Eugene Wagner of Deerfield Beach, Florida announce the engagement of their daughter, Lisa Renee to Mr. Thomas Haywood Hamilton IV of Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Hamilton is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Haywood Hamilton III of New Albany, Mississippi. Miss Wagner is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Wagner […]
Christy Frazier Suggs and John Suggs Jr. of Saltillo welcomed daughter Rylee Grace Suggs into the world on February 6, 2009 at 2:03 p.m. She weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces and 17 ¾ inches long. She is the granddaughter of Clyde and Margaret Frazier of Myrtle and Ramona Kendrick of Columbus.
The proud parents, Yvonne Brozenec of New Albany and Bruce Brozenec of Woodridge, Il. would like to announce the engagement of their daughter Danielle Brozenec to Pvt. Jeremy Files, the son of Donald and DeeDee Files of New Albany. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late John and Mary Jane Zinzer of New Albany […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on