Sympathy is extended to the Pete Robbins family and to the Scott Hill family. Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you. Ecru Baptist church will sponsor “Children’s Ministry Day”, Saturday, February 14. The day will begin with a pancake breakfast. We want to remember Lois Wilder in our prayers. She has been so […]
Hello there again. I’ve had a few questions sent to me, so I thought I would address them first: When do you prune a snowball bush? Personally, I would probably let it grow all it wanted to, but if space is a problem, you can prune it back after it blooms. When do I cut […]
I missed church again Sunday so I had to depend on Malcolm for most of my news. Margaret Murphree is having knee surgery. Brother Landreth’s sister-in-law is not doing well. He asked for prayer. Katherine Grose had two stints put in her heart. She is doing pretty good. Pat Moody went through her surgery to […]
Deepest sympathy to the family of Billy Wayne Anderson who was buried last Saturday. I know two of his sisters, Nell Anderson and Bobbie Jones. Bobbie and husband, Gaston are members of our Church. Imogene Priest had surgery last week on her sinuses and said she is doing fine. I am sure that was not […]
I hope everyone’s had a great week!! We have some new additions to our school! We have added two student teachers into all the chaos here at NAMS. Brittney Cloyd and Rebecca Moore are from Blue Mountain College and will be with us this semester! Rebecca Moore will be with Mrs. Leanne George in 8th […]
The out-of-town tabloid gleefully announced this week that “With only a little over a month left in the qualifying period, interest remains low in the upcoming New Albany municipal election.” This utter nonsense was written with great enthusiasm as their out-of-town puppeteers erroneously figure from their uninformed sources who at least spend some time here […]
We received copies of the “Qualifying Statement of Intent For a Candidate For Party Nomination For The Office of Alderman” and copies of the same named form for the office of Mayor. All candidates who filed out these forms are filing as Democrats and will vie for their party’s nomination at the Primary Election to […]
It is always sad when there is a necessary budget cut, as in the one Governor Haley Barbour proposed this week, that the reduction in money so badly needed by our schools has to be a part. Regardless, however, school funds are included and, once again, our school administrators, teachers and staff will shoulder […]
Apathy, when it comes down to really doing something about an undesirable situation, guarantees that the situation will not only not change, but will get worse as that apathy and lack of action gives license for those undesirable activities to continue. Tyrants, bullies and self-serving politicians rely on public apathy to carry them forward […]
After seemingly years of campaigning by an array of almost frightening personalities running for political offices, I’ve become almost reluctant to read politically oriented articles for fear the nightmare will start all over again. But, as it happens, some of the most interesting and entertaining stories are involved with politics, so I can’t help myself. […]
Following the national news on television on Wednesday evening, I sat a few silent minutes with the sound muted and pondered the enormity of the numbers being thrown around by politicians and television commentators in regard to the efforts being recommended to save our nation’s failing economy. I don’t mind admitting that I feel intimidated […]
West Union dropped only their second match of the season in bowling, as both the Eagles and Lady Eagles lost to Pontotoc, 5-3. Pontotoc 5 West Union 3 (g) Brittany Rush scored the high game and series for the Lady Warriors as Pontotoc defeated West Union. Rush bowled a 204 for the high game and […]
New Albany 68 Pontotoc 34 (g) NAHS picked up their 20th win of the season in a divisional showdown versus Pontotoc Tuesday night. Jazmine Spears led the Lady ‘Dawgs with 19 on the night, as a tenacious defensive effort held the Lady Warriors to 14 points in the second half. Also leading New Albany on […]
Ingomar ran the final play to perfection as Maggie Cobb nailed a three-pointer at the buzzer, but unfortunately for the Lady Falcons, DiDi Miller took care of business from the free throw line a few seconds earlier to give the Calhoun City Lady Wildcats a four-point advantage that led to the crucial 53-52 division victory. […]
- McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results August 20, 2014
- Annual Connie Davis Fishing Rodeo is Saturday August 20, 2014
- New Birth Community Church to hold open house Sunday August 22, 2014
- County’s jobless rate lowest in north half of Mississippi August 22, 2014
- CREATE program looks for ways to improve career readiness August 22, 2014
- Barretos back in Union County August 27, 2014
- Labor Day to affect deadlines, public services August 27, 2014
- County investigating burglaries August 27, 2014
- New Birth Community Church holds open house August 27, 2014
- Supervisors hit snag in courthouse roof repair but get good news concerning care of local mental patients August 27, 2014
- Cecil: Will he be convinced if he loses again? I doubt i...
- Greyson McGrail: Homework Unlocked is also completely free and gear...
- Susan Jones: PLease know that lots of math teachers have put in...
- Dan Dana, PhD: I am Dan Dana, Wayne's 1964 hitchhiking partner. ...
- David Lohr: The drone would actually be a very good purchase f...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 2 years ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 2 years ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 2 years ago
- Thanks Jay! 2 years ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 2 years ago retweeted via MzTrazey
- Cecil on McDaniel files suit against Cochran over Republican senate run-off results
- Greyson McGrail on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Susan Jones on How parents can help their children with math homework
- Dan Dana, PhD on Thumbing to California
- David Lohr on A drone in Myrtle?