Aldermen will hold a public hearing Monday, June 15, to either accept or reject a reccomendation from the city’s Zoning Board to change the zoning status of 1305 Munsford Dr. from agricultural to industrial. During a special meeting held Friday morning, May 22, 2009 at 11 a.m., the New Albany Board of Aldermen voted 3-1 […]
Principal’s List: Grade 1 – Shane A. Acuff, Christopher K. Chastain, Hannah G. Cook, Luther T. Elliott, Mazey Ag, Hailey, Chelsey Killough, Charles V. Martin, Cameron L. Mclearen, Carlie J. Rooker, Andreana N. Smith, Errollissa T. Tables, Austin L. Thwaites, Cody R. Vest, Thomas J. Whitehead, and Elizabeth H. Williams. Grade 2 – Alexia N. […]
Dr. Janice Nicholson and Dr. Linda Brooks have been promoted to new positions at Blue Mountain College. Both are BMC alumnae. Nicholson has been named the Vice President for Planning and Assessment, Graduate Studies and Special Programs, and will serve as Dean of Graduate Studies. Brooks will become Chair of the Department of Education and […]
Hope this finds everyone ready for summer. Folk, I think the hot weather is upon us. I believe our calendar says the first day of summer will be June 14th on Father’s Day. I do believe we’ve been priming for it the past week or so. Since our last writing, we’ve celebrated several birthdays in […]
SPIRIT OF STATE HONOREE-Senior Elizabeth Ann Joslin of New Albany is among 22 Mississippi State students earning special recognition at the conclusion of the 2008-09 academic year. An interior design major, she is receiving a Spirit of State Award for outstanding leadership contributions while enrolled at the 131-year-old land-grant university. Involvement in organizations and activities, […]
Ecru Baptist Church will have their Vacation Bible School June 15 through June 19 from 8:30 A.M. until 12:00. Commencement will be held Friday night at 6:30 P.M. Ecru Baptist’s brotherhood breakfast is Sunday, June 14 at 7:30 A.M. Friendship Baptist Church is sponsoring “Friendship’s Free Day.” It is scheduled for Wednesday, June […]
There weren’t any trips to the laundry room last week. The washing machine never made a cycle, and the dryer didn’t cost a cent in energy usage. But the VBS third graders and I trekked across the Australian Outback and used our imaginations to follow Jesus along the Sea of Galilee as He call Peter […]
Do you realize we only have twenty more days left in the first half of 2009? Come July 2nd we start on the last half of the year. Have we accomplished everything on our “to do” list? This week I wish my sis, Katie, a Happy 80th birthday on June 11. Her children are sponsoring […]
I forgot birthdays last week. You can’t start off the month without birthdays! Happy birthday to Jeff Hancock 6-11, Clara Vance Garrison 6-19, and Hailey Davis Mattox 6-28!! Sheila Parker visited with Kathy and T. J. Sipes last Thursday night, (May 28). Kathy picked her up and brought her home after the visit. They had […]
Another week has flown by and I can’t help wondering where the time goes. We must be busy redeeming the time because the days are evil. Sheyanne and Lauren Frazier spent Monday night with Jamie Easley. Other visitors were Robert and Robbie Frazier, Ann and Ricky Glidewell, John and Mary Chunn and Dwayne and Mary […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Close the park alley August 26, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- ‘Second Amendment’ tax holiday begins Friday September 2, 2015
- Best-selling author Julie Cantrell to speak at retired educators’ meeting September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry