Angie Wilson, a labor and delivery nurse for the Women’s Center at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County, recently received the DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses, an award given in appreciation of the work nurses do. Wilson was nominated by a former patient who praised Wilson for her outstanding care and compassion. Nurses like Wilson are […]
Visitors to the Union County Heritage Museum Saturday were able to learn the pioneer art of basket weaving, a class offered in conjunction with the Smithsonian Institution exhibition “The Way We Worked.” “One of the ways we worked is how we used to make things with our own hands,” museum director Jill Smith said. Participants […]
Champion Hill Georgina 7666 won grand champion cow-calf pair at the 2014 Dixie National Roll of Victory (ROV) Angus Show, Feb. 9 in Jackson, Miss. John Davis, New Albany, Miss., owns the March 2010 daughter of S A V Providence 6922. A December 2013 heifer calf sired by Gambles Safe Bet completes the winning […]
New Albany High School presented an ACT 30-Plus Club T-shirt to Cole Owen on Jan. 24. Students who have a composite or subscore of 30 or more on their recent ACT are inducted into the club. Sixty-three students have become members of the ACT 30-Plus Club since its creation in the fall of 2009.
You can blame that snowy, icy morning last week on the kids in Jenny’s fourth-grade class in Oxford. They wanted a snow day so badly that they decided to give Mother Nature a little help. Jenny said that one of the kids said last Monday she had heard that putting a spoon under your pillow […]
There’s a mailbox right outside our new home. I can easily see it from the front door. It sits next to the street curb and is shaded by towering pine trees. You’re already wondering why I would even mention a mailbox, but I’ve never had one so close to our home. In Etta, the mailbox […]
Barely nine months in, New Albany seems to have made the transition from dry to wet smoothly. The city’s two wine and spirits stores have been open nearly eight months and report growing acceptance – and increasing sales. “We even have a few pastors, and some law enforcement, who come in occasionally and get a […]
New Albany retail sales are increasing at a rate nearly double this year’s 1.7-percent cost-of-living adjustment, and those sales account for a whopping $220 million spent here last year. Merchants collect a seven-percent tax on retail sales that is sent to the state. Of that amount, 18.5 percent is returned to the city. In 2013, […]
By Angie Barmer A new fundraising campaign is underway to raise money for new uniforms for the band programs at New Albany High and Middle School. Approximately 10 years ago, the NAHS Band received new uniforms. Now, the schools need to purchase 110 uniforms that cost approximately $400 a piece. The New Albany Band Parent’s […]
The new course put together with the support of the Toyota Wellspring Education Fund will provide an opportunity for high school students to determine whether they have an interest in health care as a career while earning college credit. Twenty or more juniors and seniors in schools in Lee, Pontotoc and Union counties will be […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry