The Union County Development Association is continuing its push to deal with what a group of area industry CEOs see as their biggest problems, and is focusing on traffic in the Glenfield industrial area in particular. UCDA Executive Director Phil Nanney reviewed the issues cited by those at the organization’s monthly breakfast meetings this past […]
Local drivers may want to be extra-conscientious about using their seat belts and infant seats the next few weeks. The New Albany Police Department is participating in the national “Click It or Ticket” driver safety campaign. Tiffany Gates, who obtains and administers the grants, said the department again has received occupant protection safety funds to […]
New Albany has become the beneficiary of a multi-department federal effort to mix locally-grown foods with economic development. Representatives from the Appalachian Regional Commission, U. S. Environmental Protection Agency and U. S. Department of Agriculture were on hand Tuesday to award a Livable Communities grant to be used to improve the local farmers’ market. […]
All menus for the rest of the school year in both city and county districts will be Manager’s Choice.
New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head of the narcotics squad, confirmed this was the largest […]
Baptist Memorial Hospital’s new $12 million emergency department is on schedule for its projected July 18 ribbon-cutting, according to Michael Barney, assistant project manager for Flintco, the general contractor. He added his company should be out of the building in June and then the furnishings and technical equipment will be installed. While the ribbon-cutting is […]
Two ordinances – a gun and a dog ordinance – were discussed in detail at Tuesday night’s Blue Springs Board of Aldermen meeting. Blue Springs Police Officer Anthony Anderson brought an example of a gun ordinance for the aldermen members to review and possibly adopt for the town of Blue Springs. The ordinance is as […]
TUPELO–BNA Bank headquartered in New Albany, broke ground Thursday, for a new 3,325-square-foot banking center in the rapidly growing Barnes Crossing area. The new banking center, to be located at 2919 Tom Watson Dr., is believed to be the first in the Tupelo market to offer a new high-touch personalized banking service to its customers […]
The Union County School District’s community-wide program has been re-scheduled for 6 p.m., Tuesday, May 13, at Ingomar Attendance Center. Topics to be discussed will include the new Common Core Standards, PARCC Assessment and Block Scheduling. This information should be of particular value to parents concerned about their child’s education. The meeting was originally set […]
In addition to rolling out a plethora of Toyota Corollas every day, the Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Mississippi, Inc. facility in Blue Springs is also deemed the model sustainable assembly plant for North American operations. This is due to the many environmental and sustainability practices that are in place every day at the 1,540-acre Blue Springs […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry