The Union County Board of Supervisors Monday met with Charlie D. Spearman, executive director of Region IV Mental Health Services, and John Baker, who is over the crisis stabilization unit in Tupelo, in a continuing effort to determine how the county can deal with mentally ill residents. After struggling with the problem for years, the […]
Multiple agencies still working on pawnshop burglary Two men are in custody, charged with burglary of a commercial building, in the Saturday, June 7, break-in at the Beneficial Pawn Shop on West Bankhead, during which 18 handguns were stolen. The case is far from over, however, as law enforcement agencies work to track down […]
Myrtle law enforcement is asking for the public’s help in solving a string of tire thefts that have occurred over the past year. Chief of Police Jim White said the crimes have all been at Beaudron’s Tires, at 1713 Hwy. 78 West, next to the Quik Stop. Several were reported over the past year and, […]
The Mississippi Arts Commission (MAC) has granted $1.34 million in funding to artists and arts programs across the state for fiscal year 2015. These funds were awarded in 46 Mississippi counties, ranging from operating support for museums and community arts centers to small grants that assist schools with bringing in guest artists. The grants will […]
There are still slots available in Pre-K classes at New Albany Elementary School for the 2014-2015 school year. Pre-K students enrolling in Pre-K must be four years old on or before Sept. 1, 2014. Please bring the following information: birth certificate, Social Security card and immunization record (Form #121). Immunization records should be marked “complete for […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON INGOMAR – North Pontotoc took a narrow 46-41 win over Ingomar in the final day of summer league basketball at Ingomar. Ingomar rode the first half scoring blitz of Kelton Hall to close the game to 27-26 at the half. Hall scorched the nets for 19 points including five 3-pointers to lead […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON SALTILLO – New Albany girls scored a late goal and kept up the attack in attempts to tie, but Saltillo was able to withstand the pressure and take a 2-1 win in the 7v7 championship game at Saltillo. New Albany finished 2-1 on the day. “It was a great opportunity for the […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON East Union is in a building program in a large way this summer as the school is constructing an on-campus football stadium and also building a multipurpose indoor facility to be used by all sports as well as the school’s physical education classes. “We constructed about an 8,500 sq. foot metal building […]
BY DENNIS CLAYTON NEW ALBANY – First Baptist Church of New Albany has traveled to various cities around the United States with their sports camps and mission trips. This week the church has given the opportunity to local youth to be a part of their ministry outreach. Mega Sports Camp began on Monday and will […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on