NEW ALBANY – With big shoes to fill, new New Albany head coach Suzy Bowman is ready. “A great foundation has already been laid for me with the work put in by Coach Creekmore and before her Coach Judy Brown. And there are a great group of kids with lots of talent, and also there […]
WEST UNION – After ten years on the field with the Lady Eagles softball team, Head Coach Lisa Bogue is hanging up her cleats. “It’s one of the toughest decision I’ve ever made,” Bogue said after the Union County School Board accepted her resignation during their June 3 meeting, “But it felt like the right […]
INGOMAR – Fans that are in need of a high school sports “fix” only need to drive to Ingomar during the next few weeks to catch prep action in boys and girls basketball plus fast pitch softball. Girls basketball hit the hardwood on Tuesday with a full slate of games, 15 in total. Union County […]
JACKSON – Three Union county baseball players closed their high school careers on Saturday as participants in the MAC All-Star game at Smith-Willis Stadium in Jackson, Miss. Despite the North team leading for the majority of the game, the South squad just edged them out in the final inning for a walk-off base hit, winning […]
TUPELO – Two New Albany Bulldogs received the opportunity to compete as some of the top football talent in the state. Rising seniors Jake McDonald and Devin Wilson took part in the Southern Select Combine at Tupelo High School on Saturday, increasing their visibility for recruiters in the hope of furthering their careers after high […]
BLUE SPRINGS – Summer league baseball jumped out to a strong start for the East Union Urchins, who swept Ingomar, Myrtle and Booneville in a Thursday afternoon tournament of three five-inning contests. Ingomar also picked up a win, defeating Booneville 4-0 in the second game of the day. East Union 4, Booneville 3 Rising senior […]
Getting better. With five seasons in the books, the Nolan Brothers Cotton States League will embark on its sixth season with that motto in mind. “It’s what the players do, they come spend a couple of months playing a game they love and getting better at it,” Director of Baseball Operations Frank Dodds said. What […]
The Biscuits and Jam Farmers’ Market will kick off its third season Saturday on a vacant property between Fred’s and the Tallahatchie River Bridge. Moving the Saturday morning event to the prominent downtown spot two years ago has turned out to be a successful venture. The market will be open from 7 a.m. to 11 […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry