At their regular Monday meeting, the Union County Board of Supervisors approved issuing a check for $9,875.03 to the City of New Albany as their part of a new hangar project at the county airport. The city and county are sharing costs but the city is handling administrative tasks for the airport. Recently, airport officials […]
The Union County Heritage Museum is asking area artists to submit a piece of artwork for the September Folks, Art and Faulkner exhibit. The work should be based on some part of the Nobel-Prize-winning novelist William Faulkner (or some other writer, if so inspired). Two- and three-dimensional work is welcome. The work must be submitted […]
The Mississippi Department of Corrections honored New Albany resident Jim Nance Thursday marking his retirement after 29 years in law enforcement. A reception was held in the circuit courtroom attended by local and regional MDOC staff as well as local friends and law enforcement personnel. Nance had been a deputy with the Union County Sheriff’s […]
More than 100 New Albany High School musicians hit the field this week participating in the annual week-long camp to prepare for the fall season. While the band’s most visible presence will be at the high school football games, director David Hopple said they will be involved in other activities – some of them […]
Union County’s unemployment rate for June was 6.9 percent, making it eighth-lowest in the state and the lowest among counties in Northeast Mississippi according to figures from the Mississippi Employment Security Commission. Although among the lowest, the rate did represent a slightly upward trend for the county, which reported 6.5 percent in May and 5.5 […]
Mitch Robinson, conservation education manager for the Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, shows snakeskins and talks about other animals this past Tuesday at the Union County Heritage Museum’s annual Museum Madness program for young people. The theme for the day was “My Favorite Pet” and artist Rebecca Browning was to help participants create artwork […]
By Angie Barmer The popular local event, Arts, Beats and Eats is taking place Friday night in downtown New Albany. Arts, Beats and Eats is an event sponsored by the New Albany Main Street Association that showcases local musicians, local artists, and local restaurants. Attendees get to taste local cuisine, while mingling with other locals […]
Winners in the Puppy (6 months and under) category of the Union County Fair Pet Show were, from left, fourth place, Sadie, shown by Lacy Raines; third, Chloe, shown by Laura Cobb; second, Bella, shown by Peyton Ligon; and first, Gracey, shown by Hailey Sprouse. Winners in the Small Dog category […]
The Northeast Mississippi Jets earned a shut-out win on Tuesday, knocking off the Inverness Bollweevils 12-0 in five innings. Starting pitcher Josh Hargett (Itawamba) Agricultural High School was the star of the game, tossing a no-hitter of four innings and striking out three. Relief pitcher Jacob Kent (Myrtle) closed the game in the fifth inning. […]
The Tallahatchie Tidal Wave received a very special visitor at the Baptist Heathplex in USA Swimming Club Development Consultant Dave Thomas. Thomas stopped in New Albany on his way to attend the Mississippi long-course state championships, and spent time learning about the Tidal Wave program, head coach Joanna Manning said. “It is quite an honor […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on