Bob Jones, 76, of Sherman, passed away Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at his residence. He was born in Union County on Aug. 22, 1937, to George and Selma Floyd Jones. After graduation, he joined the military and proudly served his country as a Marine. He had lived in Sherman for the last 22 years. He […]
Ralph Eldridge Kolb, 88, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at the Church Street Personal Care Center in Ecru. He was born Oct. 20, 1925, in Union County to Earnest and Cora Caldwell Kolb. He was a retired building contractor and a member of the New Harmony Baptist Church. Services were held at […]
With his family by his side, the Rev. Horace Clay Thomas of New Albany, 84, went home to be with his Heavenly Father on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. A man of integrity, Horace was a faithful pastor of the Gospel for 61 years. He leaves behind a godly […]
Travis Bedford, 83, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Golden Living Center in Tupelo. He was born Nov. 14, 1929, in Union County to Sam Oliver and Clytee McCarty Bedford. He was a highway construction worker. Services were at 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28, at Serenity Simmons chapel in New Albany. Burial was in Wilkins […]
Betty Tallent Wilhite, 78, of Pontotoc, went to be with the Lord on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, after a brief illness. She was born Feb. 26,1935, to Earl Lee and Fairy Denton. She was a homemaker and seamstress. She loved quilting and her family. Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at Cairo Baptist […]
Otis “Skeebo” Ezell, 102, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at the Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a member of Mallalieu United Methodist Church, where he served as a trustee. He served his country in the United States Army. Services were at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Mallalieu United Methodist Church with the […]
Shelby Glenn Elder Portis, 74, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 15, 1939, in New Albany to J.R. and Mary Richey Elder. She was a member of Keownville Baptist Church. She was retired. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at United Funeral Service […]
Norris Strickland, 80, of Golden, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at his home. He was born March 14, 1933, in Franklin County, Ala., to Clinton Aubrey Strickland and Flora Elizabeth Garrison. He was a communicant of All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Tupelo. He enlisted in the Air Force in 1952 in Memphis, Tenn. He was […]
Debra “D.J.” Strickland, 54, of Ripley, died Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 24, 1959, in Tennessee to Lester and Calburdia Strickland. She was a member of Gates of Praise Church. She was a prayer warrior. She loved to cook and work with children. Services were […]
By Sid Salter Politicians talk earnestly, passionately and with historical flourishes about cutting federal spending. Here’s the rub – the Congressional Budget Office projects that the federal government will spend $3.602 trillion in Fiscal Year 2014 and collect $3.042 trillion in revenues, which will leave a projected federal budget deficit of some $600 billion. As […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry