We hope you will pause a moment in your day Monday to honor all those who have served in our armed forces. It is Veterans Day. The main observance here will be handled by the American Legion Potter-Henry-Lowrey Post 72 and will be at noon at the Union County Courthouse. Veterans Day and Memorial Day […]
It was about 5:15 Thursday evening and I was driving home in the rain, thinking about how disappointed I would be if I were a child because it was too wet to Trick or Treat. But when I turned the corner into our neighborhood, I saw several children dashing up to houses from their parents’ […]
Downtown is being decked out in holiday wreaths and that means one of the area’s most successful events is coming up this Sunday. The New Albany Main Street Association’s annual Holiday Open House will be held from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday Between 2,000 and 3,000 people are expected to turn out to see […]
New Albany girls took second place in the 2-4A cross country meet held recently in Pontotoc. The Lady Bulldogs finished second to the always tough Pontotoc Lady Warriors. Katie Brooks and Maria Favela were top 12 finishers as Brooks (18:08.00) finished 11th and Favela (18:21.00) finished 12th. New Albany boys placed fourth overall in the […]
Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel Sports/Special to the News Exchange RIPLEY–In Friday’s 2013 edition of the “Hwy. 15 Rivalry,” the New Albany Bulldogs’ offense struggled, the defense allowed 502 yards of total offense and they fell to the Ripley Tigers 33-0 in their season finale. The loss snapped a New Albany four-game winning streak in the […]
By Zac Carlisle For the Monroe Journal HATLEY – The 2013 Hatley Tigers (3-7, 1-4) were on the verge of making history. No other football team in school history had ever made the playoffs, and they were looking to do it. The same, however, could have been said for the East Union Urchins (7-3, 2-3). […]
by Dennis Clayton East Union will travel to H.W. Byers in the first round of 2A football playoffs on Friday. The Byers offense is averaging 261 yards per game rushing and 96 yards per game passing. The Lions are averaging over 32 points a game while holding opponents to an average of 13.6 points per […]
Unofficial results but with absentee votes counted Rob Anderson – 651 – 17.51% Pam Browning Boman – 833 – 22.40% Pamela Steward Denham – 309 – 8.31% Lisa Taylor Galloway – 210 – 5.65% Toby Hill – 501 – 13.47% Wayne Martin – 37 – 1.00% April Roberts – 116 – 3.12% Stephen Robinson – […]
by Lynn West Pam Browning Boman and Rob Anderson will face each other in a runoff election Nov. 26 to see who wins the Union County coroner’s post. In unofficial results Tuesday, Boman received 22.4 percent of the vote compared to Anderson’s 17.51 percent. The runoff is necessary because no candidate got more than 50 […]
Saturday November 9 will be the MHSAA 2013 State Cross County Meet at Mississippi College Choctaw Trails Watson Cross Country Course. New Albany will be the first local school to run as 4A girls begin the day’s race activities at 10:00 with the 4A boys to follow at 10:30. East Union will be the next […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry