By Brandon Speck Daily Journal MYRTLE – The Myrtle boys defended their home court and picked up their 10th win Friday with a 56-50 win against Tremont. “We played a really good first half I thought, defensively,” first-year Myrtle coach Rob Browning said. “They’re real good.” First-year Tremont coach Brian Pearson was Browning’s assistant at […]
by Dennis Clayton New Albany defeated Tishomingo County by large margins on Friday night, but the matches took differing ways to arrive at the final scores. New Albany girls scored early and often to race to a commanding lead at half. New Albany boys held a narrow lead at half, but reeled off six second […]
by Dennis Clayton This marks the final entry for me in the News Exchange. Yes, on January 1, I will be in another paper under a different header. However, I will still be working for Journal Inc. and will be adding to my 14 years of association with them. I will just be moving over […]
Most businesses will close Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 in observance of Christmas and New Year’s Day. Some governmental offices will also close Thursday, Dec. 26, and may close early on Christmas Eve. Because the Three Rivers Regional Landfill will be open both the day before and day after Christmas and New Year’s Day, solid-waste […]
Christmas comes in all shapes and the Trees of Enchantment at the Union County Heritage Museum offer different styles and eras of decorations. Different clubs and organizations have each taken different approaches to the trees that are in the galleries and halls this holiday season. One tree, decorated by the Tallahatchie Arts Council, not only […]
Brave New Couponing World By Jill Cataldo CTW Features As technology continues to evolve, the way we receive coupons does too. If you’re a smartphone or tablet user, did you know that you might be able to use these devices to print coupons? One of my readers has been wondering just how to do this. […]
A letter from the editor To our readers and other friends: The News Exchange will cease publication following the Dec. 26 edition. This newspaper will merge with the New Albany Gazette as a result of Journal, Inc.’s recent purchase of the Gazette. Journal, Inc. purchased the News Exchange in 2008. The result of combining the […]
By Kedrick Storey Southern Sentinel RIPLEY – Cannan Ratliff led four Ripley Tigers in double digits with a game-high 25 points on Friday, including four key free throws in the fourth quarter to help them hold off the New Albany Bulldogs 84-81 in a key Division 2-4A battle that went to the wire. Ripley looked […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany hosted the Starkville Yellowjackets on Saturday and the visitors came away with the sweep. Starkville won the girls match 3-0 and the boys 4-0. In the girls match, the teams battled through a scoreless 30 minutes of play before Starkville’s Hannah Laird found the net at the 31st minute. The […]
By Dennis Clayton County rivals East Union and Myrtle met in non-division basketball play at Myrtle on Monday with the Lady Urchins of East Union winning the opener 62-42 and Myrtle’s Hawks taking the nightcap 52-46. East Union 62, Myrtle 42 (girls) East Union came out victorious in a foul-fest over the Lady Hawks in […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry