Dear Editor: This letter is in regard to a meeting I had with the Union County Supervisors in August. It concerned my garbage bin being full and needing emptied. I also talked to them about a stopped up culvert of mine, and a ditch that was overgrown. Mr. Danny Jordan told me they would come […]
Archive | Letters RSS feed for this section
I would like to respond to the recent editorial article regarding the Wellspring Center for Professional Futures. In particular, I would like to address the following quote; “We translate ‘advanced manufacturing’ to mean training folks to work at Toyota.” That is simply not the case. As the senior consultant to the Wellspring Center, my […]
Dear Editor: In Union County, who is my neighbor? When I was in need, I can say everyone I had any contact with was truly the good neighbor! We were in Union County in mid-December to do some work at our place in the Pinedale community. All went well until the day we planned to […]
Dear Editor: In the wake of the recent murder of 20 school children, the issue of gun control is again a primary topic of public debate. The foremost responsibility of any government is the protection of its citizens. However, fulfilling this responsibility does not in any way justify the disarming of law-abiding citizens so as […]
Dear Editor: Our freedoms are being taken away one by one, and so many of us are standing by and letting it happen. A nativity scene was erected for 75 years at one elementary school, but because the ACLU contended that the school was endorsing Christianity, which this organization defines as a violation […]
Dear Editor: My 9-year-old grandson, Zach, went to school in tears this morning. It appears that someone took his dog, Cujo, last night when he was let out of the house for a few minutes. Cujo is a white Pomeranian with a touch of tan on his ear and a small spot on his […]
Dear Editor: Camp Freshman was held at New Albany High School on July 31, 2012. This is an annual orientation event designed to help rising freshmen become familiar with the high school campus, teachers and administrators. The day is made possible because of the generosity of many businesses and individuals in our community. We […]
Dear Editor: The New Albany Board of Aldermen has done an end around on the voters of Union County. Unable to garner a majority of votes to approve the sale of liquor, the aldermen have chosen to disenfranchise the voters of the county. Proponents of king liquor knew their only chance was to deprive the county […]
Dear Editor: We received two form letters yesterday mailed from Portland, Ore., advising us that we may qualify for a “free” cellular phone. This offer also included “free” texting and we could select from three different plans with “free” long distance, “free” roaming and multiple other “free” benefits. It even had a place where you […]
Dear Editor: I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Union County Fair Board and directors for being a sponsor for the North Union County Miss Heart of the USA Pageant. We could not have accomplished our goal to have a food-drive pageant without their sincere help. Ms. Jane and Mr. Stanley […]
- Kiwanis Hotbed January 23, 2015
- Hancock enters supervisor, District 1 race January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co. to build new warehouse January 28, 2015
- Retail Strategies January 28, 2015
- New bladder pacemaker offers help with incontinence January 28, 2015
- Burglars get cash and drugs from Rite Aid pharmacy January 28, 2015
- Tens of millions of retail dollars leaving county; officials planning to counter that January 28, 2015
- E-911 upgrade to cost county $100,000-plus January 28, 2015
- Imperial Trading Co., former grocery wholesaler, to expand January 28, 2015
- Former city clerk dies at 100 January 28, 2015
- Sandra Jones Howard: I personally feel that Connor is a great asset to ...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: Found it here: http://www.onenewspage.us/video/201...
- Lego MiniFaulkner: For those of us at too great a remove to see the e...
- Vicky Rose: Bedwell for Congress - the only candidate actively...
- Amy Harris: Friday night didn't do as well because of FOOTBAL...