Dear Editor: In regard to the Gazette’s recent editorial opinion voicing opposition to private and home school, I am disappointed with the paper’s failure to objectively examine both sides of this issue. Yes, public school is the right choice for most parents and students. But, private school and home school exactly meet the needs of […]
Archive | Letters RSS feed for this section
Dear Editor: This letter is in regard to a meeting I had with the Union County Supervisors in August. It concerned my garbage bin being full and needing emptied. I also talked to them about a stopped up culvert of mine, and a ditch that was overgrown. Mr. Danny Jordan told me they would come […]
I would like to respond to the recent editorial article regarding the Wellspring Center for Professional Futures. In particular, I would like to address the following quote; “We translate ‘advanced manufacturing’ to mean training folks to work at Toyota.” That is simply not the case. As the senior consultant to the Wellspring Center, my […]
Dear Editor: In Union County, who is my neighbor? When I was in need, I can say everyone I had any contact with was truly the good neighbor! We were in Union County in mid-December to do some work at our place in the Pinedale community. All went well until the day we planned to […]
Dear Editor: In the wake of the recent murder of 20 school children, the issue of gun control is again a primary topic of public debate. The foremost responsibility of any government is the protection of its citizens. However, fulfilling this responsibility does not in any way justify the disarming of law-abiding citizens so as […]
Dear Editor: Our freedoms are being taken away one by one, and so many of us are standing by and letting it happen. A nativity scene was erected for 75 years at one elementary school, but because the ACLU contended that the school was endorsing Christianity, which this organization defines as a violation […]
Dear Editor: My 9-year-old grandson, Zach, went to school in tears this morning. It appears that someone took his dog, Cujo, last night when he was let out of the house for a few minutes. Cujo is a white Pomeranian with a touch of tan on his ear and a small spot on his […]
Dear Editor: Camp Freshman was held at New Albany High School on July 31, 2012. This is an annual orientation event designed to help rising freshmen become familiar with the high school campus, teachers and administrators. The day is made possible because of the generosity of many businesses and individuals in our community. We […]
Dear Editor: The New Albany Board of Aldermen has done an end around on the voters of Union County. Unable to garner a majority of votes to approve the sale of liquor, the aldermen have chosen to disenfranchise the voters of the county. Proponents of king liquor knew their only chance was to deprive the county […]
Dear Editor: We received two form letters yesterday mailed from Portland, Ore., advising us that we may qualify for a “free” cellular phone. This offer also included “free” texting and we could select from three different plans with “free” long distance, “free” roaming and multiple other “free” benefits. It even had a place where you […]
- Myrtle’s sixth ‘Music at the Tracks’ coming April 18 March 25, 2015
- Candidates reminded to not illegally place campaign signs April 1, 2015
- Thirteen vying for congressional seat left vacant by Nunnelee death April 1, 2015
- Myrtle man dies in head-on collision near Okolona April 1, 2015
- Stations of the Church marked on Palm Sunday April 1, 2015
- Campaign signage April 1, 2015
- Procrastination and garage doors April 1, 2015
- Legislature includes $175,000 in bond bill for city April 1, 2015
- ‘Down From the Hills’ music festival, bluegrass championship moving to park this year April 1, 2015
- Spring is here April 1, 2015
- Sahil Mehra: 500,000 cars produce is incredible by Toyota. Futu...
- Linda Mumaw Douglas: I bought two old Futorian chairs several years ago...
- Edward Straker: Everyone needs to understand child porn as the law...
- Bradley Wells: Daniel rhynes has been stealing for yrs and blamin...
- Ian Somer: I can clearly see one thing here: no one genuinely...