Estelle Nelson Ora Estelle Cobb Nelson, 93, of New Albany, died Aug. 13, 2012 at Dogwood Plantation Assisted Living in New Albany. She was born April 17, 1919 in New Albany to Ike and Lula Grubbs Cobb. She was a retired sewing machine operator for Futorian. She was a member of the Beulah Road Homemakers […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Gene Smith Malcolm E. “Gene” Smith, 85, of New Albany, died Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012 at his residence. He was born Feb. 5, 1927 in Union County to the late Wiley Smith and Velma Bishop Smith. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served during World War 2. He was a retired brick […]
Evia Girley Evia Crebrina Foster Girley, 44, of Blue Mountain, died Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Survivors include her husband of 18 years, James Girley; two sons, Joshua Dé Vante Girley and Jacob Semaj Girley; one daughter, Zikeyah Elizabeth Girley, all of Blue Mountain; brothers and sisters. Visitation was […]
Margie Roberts Margie Lee Massengill Roberts, 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born May 30, 1929 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a homemaker, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church. Services […]
Carolyn Dicks Carolyn Scott Dicks, 58, of Arlington, Wash., died Aug. 1, 2012 at her home in Arlington after a long sickness. She was born Oct. 29, 1953 in Union County to Jack and Beva Lee Wait Scott. She graduated from Myrtle School and from Ole Miss. She was retired from the housing office of […]
Aline Locke Minnie Aline Robertson Locke, 76, of New Albany, died Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012 at her reside in New Albany. She was born Jan. 17, 1936 in Myrtle to the late William Lee Robertson and Etoile Eugenia Smith Robertson. She was a retired employee of Futorian Manufactoring as a credit analyst. She was a […]
Lee Roy Tate Lee Roy Tate, 89, of Randolph, Va., passed away on Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012. Roy was born at home in Union County to Lee Roy and Willie Gertrude Martin Tate. He graduated Myrtle High School in 1941, a class of 9. He was enlisted as a private into the Army Dec. 28, […]
Bonnie Ayres Bonnie June Kirk Ayres, 84, of Hickory Flat, passed away on Monday, July 30, 2012, at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. Visitation was from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday and the service at 4 p.m. at the Hickory Flat United Methodist Church, with Rev. Brownie Tohill and Rev. Neal Vick officiating. Interment […]
Elsie Ayres Elsie Marie Keen Ayres, 88, of Hickory Flat, died Monday, July 30, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. In addition to her husband of 65 years, she is survived by a daughter, Deborah Autry of New Albany; and son, Sid Ayres of Hickory Flat; a sister, a brother, a sister-in-law, four […]
Gina Crumpton Gina Lynelle Fitts Crumpton, 52, of New Albany, died Tuesday, July 31, 2012, at Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County. She was born April 12, 1960, in Tupelo to Lynn Fitts and the late Wonda Foster Fitts. She was a member of Calvary United Methodist Church in New Albany. Services were at 10 a.m. […]
- Burdette to lead Bulldogs May 19, 2015
- State of the Region meeting set for Wednesday May 22, 2015
- MHP to step up enforcement over holiday weekend May 22, 2015
- Kids’ cooking class offered next week May 22, 2015
- Frazier memorial motorcycle ride will be Saturday May 22, 2015
- NAHS administrator chosen Principal of the Year May 22, 2015
- Cancer Relay for Life date will be June 5 May 22, 2015
- Award-winning writer doesn’t follow the rules May 22, 2015
- Spray park in sportsplex opens Saturday May 22, 2015
- Office will be open Saturday morning for absentee voting May 22, 2015
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
- David: While many Countries around the world have similar...