Ruby Browning Ruby Frances Watson Browning, 88, of New Albany, died Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2012 at North MS Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Jan. 12, 1924 in Union County. She retired at age 79 from a job she loved as supervisor from the Housekeeping Department at Baptist Memorial Hospital- Union County after nineteen […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Estelle Nelson Ora Estelle Cobb Nelson, 93, of New Albany, died Aug. 13, 2012 at Dogwood Plantation Assisted Living in New Albany. She was born April 17, 1919 in New Albany to Ike and Lula Grubbs Cobb. She was a retired sewing machine operator for Futorian. She was a member of the Beulah Road Homemakers […]
Gene Smith Malcolm E. “Gene” Smith, 85, of New Albany, died Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012 at his residence. He was born Feb. 5, 1927 in Union County to the late Wiley Smith and Velma Bishop Smith. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army having served during World War 2. He was a retired brick […]
Evia Girley Evia Crebrina Foster Girley, 44, of Blue Mountain, died Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Survivors include her husband of 18 years, James Girley; two sons, Joshua Dé Vante Girley and Jacob Semaj Girley; one daughter, Zikeyah Elizabeth Girley, all of Blue Mountain; brothers and sisters. Visitation was […]
Margie Roberts Margie Lee Massengill Roberts, 83, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born May 30, 1929 in Hickory Flat to the late Arland Chesley Massengill and Mary Ruth Butler Massengill. She was a homemaker, and a member of the New Albany Presbyterian Church. Services […]
Carolyn Dicks Carolyn Scott Dicks, 58, of Arlington, Wash., died Aug. 1, 2012 at her home in Arlington after a long sickness. She was born Oct. 29, 1953 in Union County to Jack and Beva Lee Wait Scott. She graduated from Myrtle School and from Ole Miss. She was retired from the housing office of […]
Aline Locke Minnie Aline Robertson Locke, 76, of New Albany, died Saturday, Aug. 4, 2012 at her reside in New Albany. She was born Jan. 17, 1936 in Myrtle to the late William Lee Robertson and Etoile Eugenia Smith Robertson. She was a retired employee of Futorian Manufactoring as a credit analyst. She was a […]
Lee Roy Tate Lee Roy Tate, 89, of Randolph, Va., passed away on Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012. Roy was born at home in Union County to Lee Roy and Willie Gertrude Martin Tate. He graduated Myrtle High School in 1941, a class of 9. He was enlisted as a private into the Army Dec. 28, […]
Bonnie Ayres Bonnie June Kirk Ayres, 84, of Hickory Flat, passed away on Monday, July 30, 2012, at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. Visitation was from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday and the service at 4 p.m. at the Hickory Flat United Methodist Church, with Rev. Brownie Tohill and Rev. Neal Vick officiating. Interment […]
Elsie Ayres Elsie Marie Keen Ayres, 88, of Hickory Flat, died Monday, July 30, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. In addition to her husband of 65 years, she is survived by a daughter, Deborah Autry of New Albany; and son, Sid Ayres of Hickory Flat; a sister, a brother, a sister-in-law, four […]
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...