Norris Strickland, 80, of Golden, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at his home. He was born March 14, 1933, in Franklin County, Ala., to Clinton Aubrey Strickland and Flora Elizabeth Garrison. He was a communicant of All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Tupelo. He enlisted in the Air Force in 1952 in Memphis, Tenn. He was […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Debra “D.J.” Strickland, 54, of Ripley, died Sunday, Oct. 20, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born March 24, 1959, in Tennessee to Lester and Calburdia Strickland. She was a member of Gates of Praise Church. She was a prayer warrior. She loved to cook and work with children. Services were […]
Alice F. McNabb, 75, of Etta, formerly of Somerville, Tenn., passed away Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She attended Philadelphia Baptist Church at Etta. She had many friends and never met a stranger. Services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at Peebles West Funeral Chapel at Oakland, Tenn. Interment […]
Baylon Paisley Hall, 14 days, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. Services were at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at Bethlehem Church of the Lord Jesus Christ with the Rev. Jon Vasquez officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. United Funeral Service of New Albany was in charge of the […]
Robert Dean Waldron, 70, of Hurricane, passed away on Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, at his home. He was an employee of the 2nd District in Pontotoc County. Services were at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 16, at Hurricane Baptist Church. Burial was in Sand Springs Cemetery. Serenity Funeral Home was in charge of the arrangements. Survivors […]
Charles Maron “Hot Shot” Curry, 67, of Pontotoc, died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, in Fulton. He was born June 5, 1946, in Tupelo to George M. Curry and Beatrice Duke Curry. He grew up in the Palmetto community and was a lifelong resident of Lee and Pontotoc Counties. He graduated from Shannon High School in […]
Kenneth T. “Dude” Finley, 86, of Danville, Ky., formerly of Memphis, died Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013. He was born Sept. 14, 1927, in Danville to Walter E. and Thelma Wylie Finley. He was a graduate of the University of Kentucky and Southern Law School in Memphis. He was a U.S. Army veteran and attorney at […]
Lester French Jobe Jr., 52, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at his residence. He was born Nov. 28, 1960, in Memphis, Tenn., to Lester French Jobe Sr. and Frances Parks Jobe. He was a painter before becoming disabled and a member of Liberty Baptist Church. He enjoyed riding four-wheelers and singing karaoke with his friends. […]
Jerry Lynn Russell, 64, of Pontotoc, passed away Friday, Oct. 11, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center after a five-year battle with cancer. He was born May 29, 1949, to Herman Lynson Russell and Nellie Ruth Hale Russell in Union County. He graduated from Hurricane High School and served eight years in the Mississippi […]
Carl Marion Butler, 74, of Myrtle, died Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. He was born May 10, 1939, to Albert Butler and Mittie Reynolds Butler. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army and a 32 Degree Mason. He worked for CCA/Jefferson Smurffit Box Factory as maintenance supervisor. He was a […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on