Willie Holloway Tidwell Jr., 71, died Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at his residence. He was born Sept. 20, 1942, in Lafayette County to Willie Sr. and Hazel Churchill Tidwell. He was retired from Piper and also had worked in the auto racing and body shop business. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Friday, […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Michael D. “Mike” Speck, 52, of Shannon, died suddenly Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at his home. He was born Oct. 22, 1961, in Aurora, Ill., to G.W. Speck Jr. and Itasca Smith Speck Hester. He was a graduate of Myrtle High School and studied music at Mississippi State University. He married Sherri Copeland Grant on […]
Colby Hall Pannell, 25, died Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, in New Albany. He was born Feb. 25, 1988, in Tupelo, the son of Eddie and Lecia Hall Pannell. He was a former bridge maintenance man with MDOT and a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Services were at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 29, at Pleasant […]
Bob Jones, 76, of Sherman, passed away Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at his residence. He was born in Union County on Aug. 22, 1937, to George and Selma Floyd Jones. After graduation, he joined the military and proudly served his country as a Marine. He had lived in Sherman for the last 22 years. He […]
Ralph Eldridge Kolb, 88, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at the Church Street Personal Care Center in Ecru. He was born Oct. 20, 1925, in Union County to Earnest and Cora Caldwell Kolb. He was a retired building contractor and a member of the New Harmony Baptist Church. Services were held at […]
With his family by his side, the Rev. Horace Clay Thomas of New Albany, 84, went home to be with his Heavenly Father on Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. A man of integrity, Horace was a faithful pastor of the Gospel for 61 years. He leaves behind a godly […]
Travis Bedford, 83, died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Golden Living Center in Tupelo. He was born Nov. 14, 1929, in Union County to Sam Oliver and Clytee McCarty Bedford. He was a highway construction worker. Services were at 11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 28, at Serenity Simmons chapel in New Albany. Burial was in Wilkins […]
Betty Tallent Wilhite, 78, of Pontotoc, went to be with the Lord on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, after a brief illness. She was born Feb. 26,1935, to Earl Lee and Fairy Denton. She was a homemaker and seamstress. She loved quilting and her family. Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at Cairo Baptist […]
Otis “Skeebo” Ezell, 102, died Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at the Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a member of Mallalieu United Methodist Church, where he served as a trustee. He served his country in the United States Army. Services were at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Mallalieu United Methodist Church with the […]
Shelby Glenn Elder Portis, 74, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Feb. 15, 1939, in New Albany to J.R. and Mary Richey Elder. She was a member of Keownville Baptist Church. She was retired. Services were at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at United Funeral Service […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on