J W Allen, 87, of Ingomar, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by United Funeral Service in New Albany.
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
John Edward Hargrove, 68, of Myrtle, died November 2, 2013 at his home. He was born February 3, 1945 in New Albany to the late William Nazrie and Rosa Lee Hargrove. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard and retired from Cooper Electrical Controls. He was […]
Patrick Alan Thompson, 60, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, at his residence. He was born Nov. 27, 1952, in Princeton, Ill., to David V. Thompson and Jeananne Petchow Thompson. He was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, having served in the Vietnam War. He was a long-haul truck driver. A memorial service will be […]
Debbie Willard Kirk, 59, of Etta, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto in Southaven. She was born July 1, 1954, in New Albany to Elvin Willard and Betty Mouchett. She was a homemaker and a member of Bethel Baptist Church. She loved her pet dogs and animals. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
Charles B. Hill, 74, of Tupelo, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. after a short illness. Born April 30, 1939, in Ecru to James Rufus and Jettie Hill, he spent most of his life in Tupelo. A veteran of the U.S. Army and Army Reserve, he served as […]
Joe Bryan Harmon, 71, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at his residence. He was born Oct. 16, 1942, in New Albany to Rodney Bryan Harmon Jr. and Edna Willard Melton Harmon. He served in the Mississippi National Guard for 20 years. He spent the majority of his working career at Hill’s International in New Albany […]
Brenda Nell Sisco, 57, of Hickory Flat, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Nov. 1, 1956, in Lafayette County to Jessie Houston and Dora Rachel Lucille Hayes Sisco. She was a Baptist. Services will be at 10 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at United Funeral Service in New […]
Matthew “Matt” Robinson, 25, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. He was born June 16, 1988, in Tupelo to Anita Robinson. He worked in the frame department at Albany Industries. Services will be were at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Serenity-Simmons Chapel in New Albany with Evangelist Travis […]
Linda Poe Covington, 65, of Blue Springs died peacefully on Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a long illness. Linda was born on Nov. 21, 1947, in New Albany to William F. “Dub” and Irene Gilliam Poe. She was a graduate of Potts Camp High School, and a long time member […]
Robert Gates “Bob” Newsum Jr., 99, of Cairo, died Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2013, in Shreveport, La. He was the oldest member of Cairo Baptist Church and a retired school bus driver with Itawamba Community College. He was a World War II Air Force veteran and was recognized last year at the Veterans Day program as […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on