New Albany is host to several public events during the year, most of them entertainment-oriented. One of the most successful, however, is different. For the past eight years the Union County Master Gardeners, with the Union County Extension Service, have held a spring home and garden show. While there are entertainment events during the show, […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
J W Allen, 87, of Ingomar, died Monday, Nov. 4, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by United Funeral Service in New Albany.
John Edward Hargrove, 68, of Myrtle, died November 2, 2013 at his home. He was born February 3, 1945 in New Albany to the late William Nazrie and Rosa Lee Hargrove. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard and retired from Cooper Electrical Controls. He was […]
Patrick Alan Thompson, 60, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, at his residence. He was born Nov. 27, 1952, in Princeton, Ill., to David V. Thompson and Jeananne Petchow Thompson. He was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, having served in the Vietnam War. He was a long-haul truck driver. A memorial service will be […]
Debbie Willard Kirk, 59, of Etta, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-DeSoto in Southaven. She was born July 1, 1954, in New Albany to Elvin Willard and Betty Mouchett. She was a homemaker and a member of Bethel Baptist Church. She loved her pet dogs and animals. Services were at 2 p.m. […]
Charles B. Hill, 74, of Tupelo, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, at St. Francis Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. after a short illness. Born April 30, 1939, in Ecru to James Rufus and Jettie Hill, he spent most of his life in Tupelo. A veteran of the U.S. Army and Army Reserve, he served as […]
Joe Bryan Harmon, 71, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at his residence. He was born Oct. 16, 1942, in New Albany to Rodney Bryan Harmon Jr. and Edna Willard Melton Harmon. He served in the Mississippi National Guard for 20 years. He spent the majority of his working career at Hill’s International in New Albany […]
Brenda Nell Sisco, 57, of Hickory Flat, died Friday, Nov. 1, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. She was born Nov. 1, 1956, in Lafayette County to Jessie Houston and Dora Rachel Lucille Hayes Sisco. She was a Baptist. Services will be at 10 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 3, at United Funeral Service in New […]
Matthew “Matt” Robinson, 25, died Monday, Oct. 28, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital in New Albany. He was born June 16, 1988, in Tupelo to Anita Robinson. He worked in the frame department at Albany Industries. Services will be were at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Serenity-Simmons Chapel in New Albany with Evangelist Travis […]
Linda Poe Covington, 65, of Blue Springs died peacefully on Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a long illness. Linda was born on Nov. 21, 1947, in New Albany to William F. “Dub” and Irene Gilliam Poe. She was a graduate of Potts Camp High School, and a long time member […]
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...