September 13-17 Monday Breakfast Br. Pizza, Cereal, Milk/Juice Lunch Line 1 McRibs, Baked Beans, Creamy Coleslaw, Raisins, Waldorf Salad, Milk/Juice, Fruit Crisp Lunch Line 2 Hamburger, Baked Beans, Creamy Coleslaw, Raisins, Waldorf Salad, Milk/Juice Tuesday Breakfast Sausage/Biscuit, Cereal, Milk/Juice Lunch Line 1 C. F. Steak/Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Field Peas, Watermelon Wedge , Juice Bars, Cornbread, […]
With the month of September officially designated as Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, the physicians at New Albany Urology are urging men to stay current on their annual prostate exam and screening. According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2010, there has already been 32,050 prostate-cancer related deaths. Prostate cancer is a serious disease that affects […]
The Village of Blue Springs may be annexed in the future but nothing is set in stone yet as to how much land will be annexed, when, and where. Many city and county planners, Blue Springs Mayor David Boland, Union County Board of Supervisors Attorney Thad Mueller, proponents of the Blue Springs Comprehensive Plan, Toyota […]
Firefighters with New Albany Fire Department recently competed in a national firefighter competition and scored so well they qualified for the world challenge competition. ‘Team New Albany Combat Challenge Team’ is the name of their team, which featured NAFD firefighters Ben Brown, Allen Elder, Chad Jarvis, Chris Whiteside, and Team Captain Shane Cowsert. The competition […]
The town of Myrtle is taking the first steps toward building a new town hall, as the aldermen are seeking grants to fund the possible project. Mayor Joe Rials asked for the board’s permission during their September meeting, and after approval, will look into the Mississippi Development Authority grant. The grant is awarded for towns […]
Sports can offer so much to an individual at any given time. It’s a stress reliever, a hobby, or in my case, an occasional escape from everyday life and reality. I’m sure everyone probably has a story about where they were on Sept. 11, 2001. For me, it was second period, Mrs. Herron’s physical science […]
The Bulldogs are back to the basics this week as they prepare to travel to Baldwyn this Friday night. New Albany is off to their best start since 1996, as that was the last year the Bulldogs opened the season at 3-0. This week they will look to win their second straight over the Bearcats, […]
The 21st Annual BNA Bank Tallahatchie River Run 5K and ½ mile Fun Run will be held Saturday, September 25 in coordination with the Tallahatchie RiverFest in downtown New Albany. The employees of BNA Bank who make of the race committee are actively working to make this race the best 5K in North Mississippi. In […]
Like most head coaches, Heather Duley is ready for the season’s first competition. Duley, however, is especially ready for Blue Mountain College’s first race of the season – Saturday morning at Berry College in Rome, Ga. It’s her first as coach of the Toppers growing cross country program and she’s eager to see how far […]
Carrying their coach’s advise of remaining “silent before the storm,” Union County made plenty of noise once their season opening game against Ripley began. UC started the program’s second season with the junior varsity squad defeating the Tigers, 20-0, Tuesday night. “The boys played with a lot of spunk, and that’s all we ask them […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on