New Albany set a goal to start the season with a win, and accomplished that mark, defeating Booneville 27-11 Friday night. The Bulldogs struck first on their opening possession, as Tyler Basil found Taylor Goode on a 34-yard touchdown. The Blue Devils would add a field goal on their next drive, making it 7-3 at […]
Open house at North Pontotoc was held on Tuesday, Aug. 17. It is hard to believe school is back in session. North Pontotoc football team will play Lewisburg Friday night at North Pontotoc at 7:30 p.m. North Pontotoc Middle school will play their first football game against Nettleton, Monday, Aug. 23 at 5:30 p.m. […]
School is underway in both New Albany and Union County and it’s time to make our annual plea to drivers to be extra careful. We already are seeing too many drivers speeding along near schools while talking on cell phones. During the summer time, we tend to forget about school speed limits. We hope law […]
The Young at Heart will meet Aug. 25 at the Family Life Center at Pleasant Ridge for the monthly meeting. Martha Crawford of Ripley will be there demonstrating her love for pottery. Come bring a covered dish and enjoy the day. Brother Faron and Mrs. Brenda Ash visited Randy and Pat Chism Sunday afternoon. […]
Lou McQuary Amy Robbins Anderson spent several days in the hospital due to her diabetes. We wish her a speedy recovery. Tim Elkins is elated to have Tricia home after being gone for three months due to her recent illness. Tricia is still undergoing therapy to try to get strength back in her feet. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry