The revelation that three New Albany employees and a member of the Board of Alderman had been given special treatment in the handling of unpaid utility bills should concern all city residents. The Gazette reported last week that the four individuals had paid up $12,000 in back bills. Alderman Tommie Beasley owed about $5,000, Building […]
The Lady Falcons are taking positives away from each of their games after playing in their first tournament of the year at North Pontotoc last Saturday. Ingomar defeated TCPS on Thursday, 20-0, but fell to Corinth, 6-2, as the Lady Falcons are working to piece together a complete game. “We’re taking a few positives away […]
The Lady Bulldogs split in their showing at the North Pontotoc Tournament last Saturday. Entering the day at 3-1, New Albany dropped their first contest against Mantachie. The Lady Mustangs shut out the Lady ‘Dawgs, 5-0, behind nine hits and three runs in the fourth inning. Mantachie opened their last frame with three straight singles […]
East Union varsity cheerleaders attended NCA cheer camp in July at ICC. The squad received superior ribbons and won the game day chant competition. During camp, girls were chosen to tryout for the All-American squad. Katie Rowan and Kaitlyn Collins made the All-American squad. Pictured team members are: (front l-r) Calla Basil, Karley Crump, Morgan […]
East Union High School graduate, Amy McCullough, recently signed a national letter of intent to play softball for the Holmes Community College Lady Bulldogs this season. The infielder/outfielder was All-Division, a member of the.600 Club, and played in the Northeast Mississippi Coaches Association All-star Game. She is the granddaughter of Faye McCullough.
Current and former Northeast Mississippi Community College baseball players did not take the summer off due to the weather. Instead, a pair of current Tigers and a quintet of former Tiger baseball players have been rewarded for their efforts during the hottest months of the year. Current players Trae Allison of Hernando and Seth George […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College's Sports Hall of Fame continues to grow. Northeast will enshrine its third class of former athletes and coaches during Homecoming 2010 activities on Saturday, October 16 at the Booneville-based college. Joining the ranks of the Hall of Fame include former Tiger football and baseball player Mike Grier, former Tiger […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Head Tennis Coach Jeff Melson has announced that an open tryout date will be offered on Thursday, August 26. “We are going to host the open tryouts here on the Northeast campus in Booneville and it will begin at 3 p.m.,” said Melson. “The tryouts are for both the men and […]
Mississippi has more land enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) than any other state in the Southeast United States – about one-third of the Southeast’s total CRP acreage to be exact. The Farm Service Agency (FSA) wants you to be aware of the following guidelines if you have land in the CRP. If you […]
New Albany set a goal to start the season with a win, and accomplished that mark, defeating Booneville 27-11 Friday night. The Bulldogs struck first on their opening possession, as Tyler Basil found Taylor Goode on a 34-yard touchdown. The Blue Devils would add a field goal on their next drive, making it 7-3 at […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry