He pushed his way through the door without a knock, ignoring the doorbell. I was braced for his arrival, hoping he would be late this year, but he wasn’t. He had seen the first leaves gather under the cherry tree, heard the turtle doves, and had felt that touch of fall in the air. […]
The cooler season of the year is getting closer at hand but the heat is still bearing down in the later part of summer. How the time has been spent is now history and can’t be recalled. But it will be cooler weather time soon because the time flies by so quickly. Maybe some mistakes […]
Sherman Day will be Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010, as we celebrate community, family, and friends. Join us for some or all of the events scheduled for the day. Events include the 3rd annual 5K Run, Fire House Poker Run, Bark in the Park, BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater. The BBQ Dinner and Dinner Theater […]
Greetings from our hot and dry side of the county. We’ve heard thunder rolling thru the sky several evenings and our eyes would widen with excitement, but thunder was usually all that reached us. The rain would go around or give out before it would reach Endville. Mr. Virgil gave us some okra and […]
Clara Watson recently attended the Mississippi Hugh O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership Seminar in Jackson, Miss. Clara, representing Ingomar Attendance Center, joined over 200 other young leaders from high schools across the state for the three-day leadership conference. HOBY leadership seminars bring together a select group of high school sophomores from public, private, and parochial […]
Ryli Brown Well Bulldogs, we survived our first full week of school! Give yourselves a pat on the back. Whether you were learning your ropes around the Elementary School, getting the hang of switching to new classes at the Middle School, or finally able to open your lockers at the High School, we made […]
The McCraws were united in marriage on July 3, 2010 at 6 p.m. at Little Oaks Estates in Belden, Miss. Miranda Nicole Little and Jeremy Knox McCraw held their ceremony outdoors on a sunny afternoon. Miranda is the daughter of John and Audrey Little of Belden and the granddaughter of Ralph and Lanie Baker […]
Ed and Brenda Leggett of New Albany, Mississippi announce the engagement of their daughter, Haley Elizabeth Leggett to Richard Harvey Guntharp of Fulton, Mississippi, son of Rick and Brenda Guntharp of Fulton, Mississippi. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Lamar and Barbara Leggett of Greenwood, Mississippi and Louise Tullos of New Albany and the late […]
County football opened their second year with fall workouts last Thursday. Now practicing at East Union, head coach Scott Duley is taking the first few days to assess where his players are. “Two major things these first few days are acclimation to the heat and their assessment of the game. We’re going to keep things […]
All the symptoms were there Friday morning as we drove to Memphis to move Joe into his college dorm for the first time: nerves on edge, stomach upset, mind racing through all the things that might happen during the first week on campus. No, not Joe. That was me. Joe was sound asleep in the […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry