Proving that no lead is safe, Walnut’s late game surge was enough to top West Union, 6-3, on Tuesday. The Lady Eagles built a 3-0 lead, starting in the second frame. Hannah McQuary opened a with a walk and advanced to third on Gina Beth Conlee’s double. With runners in scoring position, Grace Rutledge’s sacrifice […]
There’s nothing I love more than a good ole’ knock down, drag out, southern high school football rivalry. Stands packed, bands battling and excitement throughout, it’s these types of games that fans look forward to every year. For my high school, the biggest game was always the last of the regular season: Starkville. By 2003, […]
Local low-income residents have the opportunity to receive state assistance in paying their utility bills, according to Northern District Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley. Presley (D-Nettleton) announced Monday that funds are available to assist low income households with utility bills, the purchase of an air conditioner and other matters related to their electrical service, […]
Persons wishing to apply for positions at the Toyota plant in Blue Springs now have their opportunity to do so, company officials announced Monday. Toyota officials, along with Gov. Haley Barbour and other local leaders announced that all hiring for its hourly production and skilled maintenance positions is being coordinated through the Mississippi Department […]
Students at West Union Attendance Center are getting used to learning differently, interacting with the teacher and fellow classmates differently, and taking tests in a new way, thanks to a new type of classroom technology called the Mobi. The Mobi is a portable piece of technology that is hooked up to a projector, the teacher’s […]
With the beginning of the school year upon us, there will be many obstacles that a child may face in the classroom or at home. One of those problems that can be noticed and taken care of quickly is an infestation of head lice within a child’s head. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, […]
The synthetic cannabis and herbal smoking mixture, also known as “Spice,” “K2,” “Pep,” or fake marijuana, is now banned in Union County. Monday afternoon the Union County Board of Supervisors adopted an ordinance that prohibits the use, purchase, possession, distribution, sale, or offering for sale of synthetic cannabinoids or other synthetic products. The ordinance […]
Three generations of a family recently took a trip this summer to Canada for an all-girl vacation and for a chance to get to know each other more. Ruby Jeaul Goggans, Melinda (Lindy) Alewine, and Catherine Alewine were the family members that took this adventurous trip to Canada. The trip was from June 26 […]
Summer may be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean you’re free to forget about sun protection. When shopping for back-to-school supplies, make sure to stop by the sunscreen aisle. Children in elementary school usually have outdoor recess between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. when the sun is especially intense. Just one severe […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry