Deepest sympathy to the family of Levi Houston Pannell who was buried at Ellistown last Saturday. Houston, Sue, and their family are long time members of the community and dear to the hearts of people who know them. Our prayers are with the family. Our community is abuzz with students getting settled in school […]
Well, hello again. Time is moving so fast. Babies are being born and our loved ones are dying. Saturday brought the news that a lifelong friend had died. Opal Smith is no longer with us but there are a lot of memories. Her family, friends, and the people at Graceland Care Center facility will […]
Lou McQuary Kenny Cooper is home after staying in Tupelo hospital for over a month. He still isn’t back to 100 percent, but hopefully he will continue gaining strength. He appreciates all the prayers and concern shown during this time of recovery. During the Union County Fair, two young Macedonia boys placed in […]
Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Edwards of New Albany, Miss. announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Brittany Michelle Edwards to Ryan Allen Russell, son of Mr. and Mrs. Barry Russell of Myrtle. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Jack and Betty Edwards and the late Buddy and Mary Graham, all of New […]
Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi is once again asking local celebrities to put on their dancing shoes to raise funds for the kids of Boys and Girls Clubs of North Mississippi. This year’s local celebrity dancer is Stephen Garrett of New Albany. Each celebrity is paired with a professional dancer from The […]
It was a week where fun was had, new friends were made and a fantastic educational experience was included in the mix. Students from across the state spent the week of July 18 through 23 attending the first annual MSMS Math and Science Leadership Camp. Joseph Male, Hayden Poer and Shawn Vaughn, all of […]
Yard work is about at a halt right now except for mowing and watering. Even the weeds are not growing much. If you have a garden, you are probably busy keeping it picked and watered. The local farmers that I have talked to are all needing some rain. Crops are coming along, but slowly. The […]
United Blood Services is this year’s non-profit community blood provider in Mississippi. Volunteer blood donors mist be at least 16 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be in good health. It takes over 250 blood donations every day to meet the needs of area patients. Additonal height/weight requirements apply to donors 22 […]
Gov. Haley Barbour has done the right thing and acknowledged that he was mistaken when he lashed out against a bill passed by Congress and signed by President Obama that will provide as much as $250 million to Mississippi schools. Barbour got a lot of national publicity by saying that the state would have to […]
New Albany and Ripley have a long rivalry that will open a new chapter Friday night. The Bulldogs won in the final minute last season, 33-28, and are looking this season to take advantage of a young Tiger defense. “We’re not going to change a whole lot on offense, we’re just going to work on […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Close the park alley August 26, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- ‘Second Amendment’ tax holiday begins Friday September 2, 2015
- Best-selling author Julie Cantrell to speak at retired educators’ meeting September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry