While both New Albany and Union County School Districts saw some good improvement in certain areas of the 2009-2010 state test results released last week, school officials say there is still room to improve. New Albany School District Superintendent Charles Garrett said there was not much overall change between the 2008-09 scores and the new […]
A new ordinance has been passed that will make it mandatory for Union County residents to pay a $1 911 fee to the county if the resident has a “To Go”phone, pays for a media bundle, uses VoIP, or uses prepaid phone cards. Up until now, only residents that have a landline phone or […]
The Blue Springs Board of Aldermen presented their proposed 2011 budget in Blue Springs City Hall Tuesday, Aug. 24. There were no residents that came to contest the budget. At the July 13, 2010 Blue Springs Aldermen meeting, the board had agreed to increase the millage rate from 9.35 to 10 percent. September 2008 […]
Redistricting was the main topic of discussion at the recent supervisors meeting Monday afternoon. Mike Slaughter from the Oxford-based urban planning consultant firm Slaughter & Associates, PLLC, came before the Board of Supervisors to discuss redistricting in Union County. “Redistricting is the process of changing political boundaries, more specifically in this instance changing the […]
The New Albany District United Methodist Women met for their Mini-Mission Studies Meeting at the Booneville First United Methodist Church, Saturday morning, August 14, 2010. District President Barbara Creekmore from New Albany opened the meeting with the Call to Worship, and made Announcements. The Devotion was given by Anne Sanford from Ripley. Study presentations […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry