Lori Beth Elder We’re back, bigger and better than ever, and we love our new bus! Hi, my name is Lori Beth Elder and I want to tell you all that we have been doing at New Haven since we returned. We have 26 attending this year, and this is probably the largest […]
Tough economic times such as these often produce a spike in enrollment at institutions of high learning nationwide. At Northeast Mississippi Community College enrollment records have been set and broken in each of the last two years. While the enrollment total at all of the state’s 15 community/junior colleges is considered unofficial until next month […]
Blue Mountain College picked up two more softball players recently with the addition of Stephanie Dillard and Erin Hall – both from New Albany. Dillard, a sophomore catcher and outfielder who played at East Union High School, is also member of the BMC Lady Toppers cross country team. Hall, a junior outfielder, was a standout […]
Head Coach Ricky Smither returns for his third year on the sidelines for the Northeast Tiger football team. Smither is joined by second-year co-offensive coordinator coach John Darnell who will coach the quarterbacks and receivers, while the defense will be orchestrated by newcomer coach Jeff Carter who will focus on the secondary. Veteran coach […]
The 21st Annual BNA Bank Tallahatchie River Run 5K and ½ mile Fun Run will be held Saturday, September 25 in coordination with the Tallahatchie RiverFest in downtown New Albany. “We are excited about this year’s run,” remarked race coordinator Amanda Kent. “Last year, even though we had very stormy weather early on race […]
Mississippi hunters will get their first chance to chase waterfowl when teal season opens Saturday, September 11. The early teal season is growing in popularity as hunters are learning how fun it can be to break out their decoys and calls and watch blue-winged teal rocket through the air. Hunters need to be sure their […]
West Union recently held a youth cheerleading camp at the school. Participants include: (pre-k and kindgergarten) Katie Coffey, Maxie Morris, Emma Howard, Bella Brock, Mallie Grace Morris, Hope Herod, Hanna Hearn, Lulu Williams, Laina Corder, Chloe Frazier, Camryn Frazier (1st grade) Robin Elgin, Emma Claire Callicut, Carly Farzier, Elizabeth Bailey, Olivia Toothe, Cydney Coffey, Emma […]
Robertson's Sportswear hosted their 12th annual softball tournament at the New Albany Sportsplex on Saturday with each of the county schools participating. Recaps for each of the teams are below. East Union East Union picked up three wins in the Robertson’s tournament last Saturday, starting with a 12-5 victory over Booneville. The Lady Blue […]
Last season, the Bulldogs’ win over Ripley was proclaimed as a statement win. A year later, head coach Ron Price and his staff showed how far the program has come with a 49-0 shutout win over the Tigers Friday night. New Albany opened the game with three penalties, but did not look back after […]
While both New Albany and Union County School Districts saw some good improvement in certain areas of the 2009-2010 state test results released last week, school officials say there is still room to improve. New Albany School District Superintendent Charles Garrett said there was not much overall change between the 2008-09 scores and the new […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry