Union County/New Albany Initiative to Excel is now accepting grant applications for the 2010-2011 year. Representatives of various non-profit organizations in Union County may pick up these applications during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday at the New Albany Welcome Center, located at 135 East Bankhead Street. The deadline for […]
An award-winning local writer will be featured at this month’s ‘Luncheon with Books,’ held at the Union County Library. Tupelo native Peggy Webb is known for writing in several genres, including humor columns, romance, literary women’s fiction and screenplays. The best-selling author has now ventured into comic mysteries, and the third book in her series, […]
The New Albany Garden Club is encouraging students in New Albany and Union County schools, grades K-12, to participate in a recycling project to build a birdhouse. The students are encouraged to use recycled materials such as plastic, aluminum, or wood to build a birdhouse. The students’ birdhouses will need to be delivered for display […]
Four groups of writers will be recognized during the Tallahatchie Riverfest Literary events to be held at 10:30 a.m., Sept. 24, 2010. In the middle school competition, all winners came from the New Albany Middle School: First place goes to Sasha Briggs for “Gardening,” second place goes to Christopher E. Watson for “The Fishing […]
The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) announced the United States Department of Agriculture income guidelines for free and reduced price meals served under the School Lunch & School Breakfast Programs. Families with children attending any school in the New Albany School District who are unable to pay the full price of the meals are encouraged […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on