New Albany earned two big wins last week and are now in the middle of a three-way tie for first in their division. The Lady Bulldogs had a late surge in the county tournament, winning their last two, and that momentum carried into last week’s wins over North Pontotoc, 4-1, and Tishomingo County, 9-3. “We […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College defeated Mississippi Delta Community College in its home opener at Tiger Stadium in front of a packed house on Thursday night the old fashion way. Head Coach Ricky Smither’s offense executed its ground attack to perfection by tallying up 242 yards and three touchdowns on the ground, while controlling the ball […]
Blue Mountain College, led by Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting, put up an impressive showing in Saturday’s Commodore Classic cross-country meet at Vanderbilt University. Competing against NCAA Divisions I, II and III and NAIA teams, BMC finished 11th of 16 women’s team and 10th of 13 men’s teams. Vanderbilt won the women’s 5k […]
5 to finish tied for fifth with host Union University’s black squad. Union’s red team won the tournament with a 13-over-par 301 total. Cumberland University’s A squad finished second at 313, followed by Union’s white squad at 319, Cumberland B at 324. Bethel University finished in seventh place behind BMC with a 331 total, and […]
The Bulldogs had no problems improving to 5-0, though the game started off positive for Independence. The Wildcats opening drive was their most productive of the evening, ending in a touchdown by Tavion Newsom. Staying poised, the Bulldogs reeled off 56 unanswered points, leading to the 56-6 win, and the defense responded with another […]
While two members were absent during Tuesday’s specially called meeting, the New Albany Board of Aldermen unanimously approved a $5.3 million budget, including a three percent raise for city employees. Neither Ward Four Alderman Bill Tucker nor Ward Two Alderman Johnny Anderson were present at the time of the vote. However Anderson worked closely with […]
Right outside of New Albany off of Highway 15 North is a homestead and estate nestled on 150 acres of rolling hills, a lake, a garden, and an area complete with naturalistic scenery. This place is known as the Concord Inn and is the area’s most recent addition to New Albany and Union County accommodations. […]
One of the area’s favorite events for families with young children takes place Friday and Saturday at the Union County Heritage Museum. The museum will have its 9th annual Heritage Pioneer Days, a living history event that shows off the rural life of the area in days gone by. Students from area schools will be […]
Those living in the Martintown community may have noticed a new restaurant in town. It may just look like an aluminum building, but Top Quality Meats and Diner cooks a variety of home cooked meals for customers every weekend. Henry and Alberta Finley are owners of the restaurant and opened it on May 13. The […]
The director of the Union County location of the American Red Cross, Sally Zemek, has put in her resignation that will be effective Friday, September 24, 2010. Zemek has been the director of the Union County Red Cross for five years and has helped countless families, along with other Union County volunteers, through emergencies and […]
- TRP to present evening of dinner and music this weekend October 7, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on