The 14-U Arkansas Nemesis won 1st place in the Dyersburg Fall Kick-Off Classic Fastpitch Tournament August 28th. They were undefeated throughout the whole tournament. Morgan Kelly of New Albany is their catcher.
It’s not too late to join the field for the inaugural “Friends of the Tiger” Golf Classic set for Friday, October 15 at the Shiloh Ridge Golf Club in Corinth. Scheduled as part of Northeast Mississippi Community College’s 2010 Homecoming festivities, the event will be co-hosted by the Northeast Development Foundation and the Alumni Association. […]
It was all Northeast on the gridiron Thursday night in Decatur as the Tigers took out their vengeance on the Warriors 34-6 in the program’s 500th game. Last year the Warriors pulled off a miracle by cashing in on two ‘hail mary’ passes–one at the end of the first half and another at the end […]
The Tippah-Union Ryder Cup Golf Match was recently held at Kirkwood National Golf Course. This is an annual 54 hole match play event. Union County was lead by their captain, Keith Conlee, as they dominated this match play event. Captain Conlee is looking forward to next year’s event hoping Tippah County will show back up. […]
Dalvin Carr made one of the biggest catches in his tenure with New Albany, helping the Bulldogs seal the 14-7 win over Corinth last Friday night. The Warriors’ final drive stayed alive after Luke Foley was penalized for roughing the punter, but Carr’s interception with 1:25 remaining gave New Albany the ball around midfield, […]
The ‘50s style diner that plays old time rock and roll, doo wop music with a colorful jukebox is open for business again, ready to serve customers breakfast and down home country cooking for lunch. Shop Talk Diner has reopened again under new owners after being closed since December 2008. New owners Ann Garrett, […]
Motorists traveling between New Albany and Tippah County on Highway 15 will likely need to find an alternate route over the next few months. Currently, construction is underway on the 6.4 miles of the highway between New Albany’s northern city limits to near North Haven, including the replacement of the bridge just outside the […]
In honor of the Labor Day holiday, the New Albany Gazette will be closed Monday, Sept. 6, 2010. It will re-open for regular business hours on Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2010. Due to the closure, advertising deadlines are Thursday for Wednesday’s paper and editorial deadlines are this Friday. City and county offices will also be closed […]
As the November general election approaches, there will be two local positions on the ballot for some voters in the county. Persons who desire to throw their hat into the ring for those positions have until 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 3, 2010 to submit their names to the Union County Circuit Clerk. Qualifying began Wednesday, […]
When it comes to meeting the strict criteria for awards in the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) HealthierUS School Challenge, nineteen Mississippi schools have scored at the top of the class. New Albany Elementary School (NAES) is among the top schools in the state that is excelling at creating healthier environments for students. […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry