5 to finish tied for fifth with host Union University’s black squad. Union’s red team won the tournament with a 13-over-par 301 total. Cumberland University’s A squad finished second at 313, followed by Union’s white squad at 319, Cumberland B at 324. Bethel University finished in seventh place behind BMC with a 331 total, and […]
The Bulldogs had no problems improving to 5-0, though the game started off positive for Independence. The Wildcats opening drive was their most productive of the evening, ending in a touchdown by Tavion Newsom. Staying poised, the Bulldogs reeled off 56 unanswered points, leading to the 56-6 win, and the defense responded with another […]
While two members were absent during Tuesday’s specially called meeting, the New Albany Board of Aldermen unanimously approved a $5.3 million budget, including a three percent raise for city employees. Neither Ward Four Alderman Bill Tucker nor Ward Two Alderman Johnny Anderson were present at the time of the vote. However Anderson worked closely with […]
Right outside of New Albany off of Highway 15 North is a homestead and estate nestled on 150 acres of rolling hills, a lake, a garden, and an area complete with naturalistic scenery. This place is known as the Concord Inn and is the area’s most recent addition to New Albany and Union County accommodations. […]
One of the area’s favorite events for families with young children takes place Friday and Saturday at the Union County Heritage Museum. The museum will have its 9th annual Heritage Pioneer Days, a living history event that shows off the rural life of the area in days gone by. Students from area schools will be […]
Those living in the Martintown community may have noticed a new restaurant in town. It may just look like an aluminum building, but Top Quality Meats and Diner cooks a variety of home cooked meals for customers every weekend. Henry and Alberta Finley are owners of the restaurant and opened it on May 13. The […]
The director of the Union County location of the American Red Cross, Sally Zemek, has put in her resignation that will be effective Friday, September 24, 2010. Zemek has been the director of the Union County Red Cross for five years and has helped countless families, along with other Union County volunteers, through emergencies and […]
The September meeting of the New Albany Garden Club was held at the Concord Inn, home of Mr.and Mrs. Chris Coombs. President Grace Provence the meeting to order and welcomed everyone. Mrs. Provence thanked Mr.and Mrs. Coombs for their gracious hospitality, JJ Harris and Melanie Shannon and Tameri Dunnam for the lovely fall floral arrangement. […]
Floyd and Mary B. Todd visited with Floyd’s sister, Alice Sprouse, who celebrated her 95th birthday. Brother Chris Burrows, director of the Baptist Student Union at ICC ,was the guest speaker at Ecru Baptist Church Sunday night. Congratulations to the North Pontotoc Viking football team who defeated South Pontotoc last Friday night. Way to go, […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on