A new preventative health program may be available for employees and staff members of the New Albany School District. Tammie Reeder, New Albany School District Health Services Coordinator, came before the New Albany School Board on Sept. 7 to discuss this health program with the board members, superintendent, and school principals. “This is an opportunity […]
It’s time again for the annual Sherman Day festivities! Sherman Day takes place Saturday, Sept. 11 and is a day to celebrate the community, family, and friends. There are plenty of events scheduled for this day, which include the third annual 5K Run, BBQ dinner, Bark in the Park dog show, dinner theater, Fire House […]
Results from the New Albany School District’s summer reading program were discussed at last week’s New Albany School Board meeting and much of the student reaction was negative, school officials say. Before school ended in May, a majority of the students from the three schools in grades 3-12 were assigned summer reading assignments that were […]
As Toyota recently began accepting applications for a number of positions at its Blue Springs plant, officials with Diversity-Vuteq say they expect to meet with Toyota executives soon to discuss its role in the Corolla production. “We expect to meet with Toyota either this week or next week to discuss it,” said Diversity-Vuteq-New Albany President […]
It was 5:30 in the morning and I had just slipped into jeans and a shirt so I could take the dogs on their morning walk around the neighborhood. Now I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror, trying to do something about my hair. The hair on the sides (the only place I […]
The key to the state’s economic future depends largely on increasing the educational level of our citizens. Mississippi’s per capita income lags the nation and our area of the state is below even the state average. Much of the problem can be traced to the lack of enough education to get and retain good jobs. […]
The Pensacola Pelicans are pleased to announce that Chase Porch has been awarded the 2010 American Association Rookie of the Year honors voted on by the league managers and media representatives. Porch signed with the Pelicans in late May after finishing his college career at the University of North Alabama and provided an immediate impact […]
East Union picked up its 10th win of the season, defeating county rival Myrtle 10-2 last Thursday. Five Lady Urchins had multiple hits in the win, starting with a two RBI triple by Ashley Leach in the first inning. Down 3-0 in the bottom of the third, the Lady Hawks cut the deficit to one […]
The Mississippi Select fall baseball league opened with a five game slate on Sunday and plenty of county faces this season. Hunter McQuary led the Black Prairie Mudcats in their 8-3 win over the North MS Jets. The West Union senior had two hits and three RBI. McQuary brought in two runs in the Mudcats’ […]
Morris Kelly Clayton recently won her first tennis tournament. The 10 year-old daughter of Brad & Jamie Clayton has been playing tennis since she was seven and started playing in tournaments at the age of nine. She placed first in the Corinth Jr. Candy Classic in July in the girls 10’s singles division. She also […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry