Union County JV found the intensity they had in their opening game against Ripley, defeating Belmont on the road, 14-8, on Tuesday. Broderick Montgomery and Jonathan Thomas each had scores for UC, after finding themselves down early in the game. “We were down 8-6 and had the ball fourth and goal and couldn’t punch it […]
A possible division title was on the line Tuesday night as West Union and Myrtle battled to take the lead in Division 2-1A. Entering the game, the Lady Hawks knew they needed to win by more than one run over the Lady Eagles. That and a win over Blue Mountain on Thursday would give Myrtle […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College takes its league-leading defense into Goodman Thursday night as the Tigers look to continue the program’s best start since 2005. Northeast (2-1, 1-0 in North Division) makes the trek to Goodman to take on Holmes Community College in the two program’s 46th meeting in the 51-year history of the Tiger […]
Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Of course I am, I thought, when the show by that name first arrived on television. You know the one. Host Jeff Foxworthy quizzes celebrities and folks like you and me about topics fifth graders are supposed to have learned in school. How hard can that be? I’ve […]
The situation with the American Red Cross operation in New Albany continues to deteriorate with the resignation of Sally Zemek, the local part-time staff member. An ill-conceived plan to abolish the local Red Cross chapter and Zemek’s part-time job as its director has resulted in a situation that can best be described as a mess. […]
With the November elections approaching, Union Countians living in District Two will have a choice to make regarding a Union County school board representative. Gary Gray, who currently holds the seat of School Board, District Two, will face challenger Mickey Basil in the Nov. 2, 2010 election. Meanwhile, Union County School Board member Terry Cook, […]
Mr. Edward Grant of New Albany, Miss. and Mrs. Barbara Davis of Booneville, Miss. are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Emily Jean Grant of New Albany to James Thomas West of Baldwyn. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. John Todd and the late Dorothy Todd and the late […]
Horse-drawn carriages, gravel roads, and the advent of the American road system were the topics of conversation and discussion at last week’s Museum Moments program. Museum Moments is held at the Union County Heritage Museum on a monthly basis and New Albany native and photographer Lowry Wilson was the speaker of this program that was […]
The following New Albany Elementary School students had artwork selected to be in the first annual Rock Bottom River Run art exhibit sponsored by the Tallahatchie Arts Council: Carey Beth Doyle, Alex Wilhite, Jayla Ligon, Aliyah Jackson, Brayden Stephenson, Christopher Rogers, Rocio Lemus, Cecelia Pullman, Jacob Hogue, Rob Montgomery, Hunter Hodges, Isabelle Campbell, Nathan Bennett, […]
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Not your father’s phone company October 7, 2015
- Honoring Vance Witt October 7, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on