Northeast Mississippi Community College traveled to Summit on Thursday night where they faced the Southwest Community College Bears in a battle of two 1-0 teams, however the road was unkind to the Tigers this week as the, the Bears were able to pull out a 20-16 victory. In the first half, it was all defense, […]
Blue Mountain College got its 2010 cross country season off to a fast start this past weekend in the Berry College Invitational. The Lady Toppers finished fifth out 14 teams and the Toppers eighth of 13 teams. Tuesdae Rowland, a junior from Ripley, paced the Lady Toppers with a 5k time of 20:47.21 – […]
In a day of extra-inning games and upsets, Ingomar finished on top as the 2010 Union County Tournament champs. The Lady Falcons battled adversity, starting the day at 0-2. In their opening match-up against Myrtle, Ingomar tied the game only to fall in the final inning, 3-2. The Lady Hawks loaded the bases and […]
Kelvin Worship and the Bulldogs’ offense used a productive second half to improve to 4-0 after their 36-0 shutout at Baldwyn last Friday. The senior’s three touchdowns capped the team’s second shutout of the season, but the game was closer than the score suggested in the first half. “We just weren’t executing again. We […]
William Robert “Bill” Crumpton, 48, of Mooreville, died Aug. 28, 2010 at his residence in Mooreville. Survivors include his two daughters, Taylor Crumpton of Tupelo and Samantha Crumpton of Mesa, Ariz.; their mother, Tammy Crumpton of Mesa, Ariz.; his grandchild; his mother, Judie Dye of the Keownville Community; his father, Jimmy C. Crumpton of Mooreville; […]
Leo Dan Rorie, 78, of Ingomar, and formerly of Aurora, Ill., passed away Sunday, Sept. 5, 2010. He was born May 24, 1932 in Ingomar to the late Leon and Ethel Bailey Rorie. Leo served his country in the Korean Conflict with the U.S. Army as a paratrooper. He was married to Mollie Catherine Hubbard […]
Henry E. Barker, 62, of South Beloit, Ill., died Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2010 in the Beloit Memorial Hospital. He was born January 20, 1948 in New Albany, MS, the ninth of ten children born to Henry and Willie Leatherwood Barker. Upon moving to Beloit in the early 1960’s, Henry graduated from Beloit Memorial High School […]
Jacob Henry Williams, Jr., 66, of New Albany, passed away Aug. 12, 2010, at Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County. He was born Aug. 18, 1943, in Alcorn County to Jacob Henry, Sr. & Laura Winkles Williams. He was a member of Harmony Baptist Church. He was disabled. Services were at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 14, […]
Nancy Lee Green Gullick, 70, of Etta, died Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2010 at her home. Survivors include her daughter, Michelle Browning of Etta; six sons: Ronald Gullick of Hattiesburg, Donald Gullick of Etta, Mike Gullick of Myrtle, Bily Gullick of New Albany, Joey Gullick of Etta and Jason Gullick of New Albany; two sisters, 11 […]
Ludie Dorrough, 82, died Monday, Aug. 30, 2010 at NMMC in Tupelo. She was a member of Fredonia Baptist Church, where she enjoyed participating in the senior adults group, and a retired employee of Irwin B. Schwabe in Ecru. Services were at 2 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 2, 2010 at Browning Funeral Home Chapel in Ecru […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs felled by second half against Itawamba August 29, 2015
- New four-lane section of Hwy. 45 open September 4, 2015
- College and career night to be held at career and tech center September 4, 2015
- NAHS to hold Senior Parent Night September 4, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Ground game leads Bulldogs to win over Pontotoc September 5, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry