After six years Bethany Dalton, executive director of Union County/New Albany Initiative To Excel, is resigning from her position at the end of October. “I think UNITE is a great organization, the 16-membor baord if wonderful, and I wil continue to contribute and support the organization financially,” said Dalton. She said that she has too […]
Lou McQuary A few weekends ago Twanda Black enjoyed having her brother and sister-in-law, Frank and Donna Bryant from Fredericksburg, Texas to visit in her home. Also visiting Twanda was her niece Katie Bryant, from San Marcus, Texas. Charlotte Garrison was surprised on her birthday, Sept. 30, with a party at Taylor’s in New Albany. […]
Jessica Clark Hello there Eagle fans! This year has started off with a good beginning. This week is our first nine weeks test. I can’t believe it has already been nine week. Last Monday the elementary had a special guest, Crystal McBray, to speak to the pre-k through 3rd grade. These children observed as she […]
At the time of this writing, today is Tuesday, Sept. 28. September is almost gone. Where has this year gone? Have we just stood still and let it pass? Well I hope not, but it does seem that the years pass swiftly now a days. Even the younger generation are expressing themselves to that degree. […]
Bill Tucker William Major Tucker, 48, of New Albany, died Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Ala. He was born Nov. 26, 1961 in Jackson to Reba Tubbs Tucker and the late Major Edwin Tucker. He was the owner/operator of The Windshield Doctor. Mr. Tucker was the vice mayor and the Ward […]
Blue Spring Mayor David Boland told the Blue Springs Board of Aldermen Tuesday that the PUL Alliance recommended a reconsideration of the amount of land the village wishes to annex. Mayor Boland said, “I went to talk to the PUL Alliance two weeks ago and they told me that we might want to reconsider how […]
The New Albany Board of Aldermen will likely set a special election to fill the vacant Ward 4 alderman post at its specially called meeting on Oct. 19. According to Mississippi state law regarding elections for municipal offices, the board of aldermen are required to set a special election no later than 10 days after […]
Renovations for the Union County Chancery Courtroom will begin soon. William Mills with Mills and Mills Architects, PC of New Albany told the Union County Board of Supervisors that the renovations should begin mid-October. He said, “The courtroom will be enlarged, more witness rooms will be added, the judge’s chambers will have increased space, and […]
While the aldermen have not publicly addressed the issue of an ordinance to govern the minimum standards of residential property, specifically that of rentals, since its July public hearing, Ward Two Alderman Johnny Anderson has put forward an alternative to both the first and second proposals. Anderson said that he took issue with the original […]
The funeral arrangements have been set for Ward Four Alderman Bill Tucker who died Tuesday morning at the University of Alabama Medical Center. Tucker was serving his third term on the Board of Aldermen. He also was serving as vice mayor at the time of his death. Services for Tucker, 48, will be held at […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on