Young and determined, West Union had a strong effort to open their second round series versus Smithvile, but the Lady Eagles could not carry that throughout the day, falling to the Lady Seminoles in three games. West Union opened the day watching Smithville score four runs off four hits and two Lady Eagle errors. […]
When Myrtle entered their second round playoff series, they were paired with a season-long favorite in Wheeler, but the Lady Hawks were confident, knowing this was the same Lady Eagle team they defeated in a similar situation last season. “We went into the series knowing we had nothing to lose,” Myrtle head coach Robert […]
New Albany’s offense was a strong force in their 48-13 win over Itawamba, but the defense once again showed their strength while battling adversity in the first half. Up 20-13, the Bulldogs’ defense forced Itawamba to punt, but a fumble by Josh Creekmore set the Indians’ up in the red zone with less than […]
New Albany residents now have a new grocery store for shopping. Save a Lot opened its doors to the public on Wednesday, October 6, 2010 and held a ribbon cutting ceremony, welcoming the store into the community. Approximately 18 employees were hired locally. The store sells meats, has a produce area, and a wide variety […]
Xtreme Wings and Things held a ribbon cutting ceremony at 10 a.m. Thursday, September 30, 2010 at their new location at 714 West Bankhead Street. The restaurant is open Monday through Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., open on Fridays and Saturdays 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., and on Sundays from 11 a.m. to 7 […]
The Bead Shack held a ribbon cutting at 10 a.m. on Friday, October 1, 2010. at their new location at 109 West Bankhead Street. The Bead Shack is open 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. The store is not open on Sundays. The phone number is (662) 539-0061.
Jalema and Jay Tidwell of Myrtle, Miss., announce the engagement of their daughter, Alyssa Ann Tidwell, to Mark Edward Benedict, son of Sherry Benedict and the late Joseph Benedict of Amory, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Guy and Shirley Hester of Corinth, Miss., Josie Tidwell of Senatobia, Miss., and Jerry Tidwell, Sr. of […]
After six years Bethany Dalton, executive director of Union County/New Albany Initiative To Excel, is resigning from her position at the end of October. “I think UNITE is a great organization, the 16-membor baord if wonderful, and I wil continue to contribute and support the organization financially,” said Dalton. She said that she has too […]
Lou McQuary A few weekends ago Twanda Black enjoyed having her brother and sister-in-law, Frank and Donna Bryant from Fredericksburg, Texas to visit in her home. Also visiting Twanda was her niece Katie Bryant, from San Marcus, Texas. Charlotte Garrison was surprised on her birthday, Sept. 30, with a party at Taylor’s in New Albany. […]
Jessica Clark Hello there Eagle fans! This year has started off with a good beginning. This week is our first nine weeks test. I can’t believe it has already been nine week. Last Monday the elementary had a special guest, Crystal McBray, to speak to the pre-k through 3rd grade. These children observed as she […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on