Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Drewery of Ripley, Miss. announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Jennifer Leigh Drewery, to Mitchell H. Pannell of Myrtle. He is the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. M. H. Pannell of Myrtle. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. Betty Wilbanks and the late Mr. O. […]
Ward Two Alderman Johnny Anderson has come up with a new proposal to set minimum standards for the appearance of property in New Albany. It would outline a number of items that would be a violation of city ordinance, including junk vehicles, the storage of junk, garbage or waste products on the property, blocking access […]
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Messer of New Albany, Miss. announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Ashley Nicole Messer, to Joshua Clay Shackleford, son of Mr. and Mrs. Tony Shackleford of Belden, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Elton Wilson of New Albany. She is also the granddaughter of […]
The CREATE Foundation has announced a new date for its “State of the Region” report to be held in New Albany. The presentation will be held at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 18, at the Magnolia Civic Center. The report will include highlights about Union County from the foundation’s annual regional report meeting held in Tupelo.
The Union County Development Association will host a public meeting concerning the recent Tallahatchie Riverfest at 5 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 19, at the Magnolia Room of the Magnolia Civic Center. The Union County Development Association invites all citizens who have interest in the event’s future to attend the meeting.
In honor of October’s designation as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County held a luncheon at the Magnolia Civic Center last Thursday to educate the public about breast cancer and the different ways to detect breast cancer early. Board Certified Radiologist Justin Lohmeier, M. D., gave the presentation. He told the audience that […]
With the November elections approaching, Union Countians who will be unable to participate in the Tuesday, Nov. 2 election have the opportunity to cast their absentee ballots at the Union County Circuit Clerk’s office through Saturday, Oct. 31. According to Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford, citizens may cast their absentee ballots during week day […]
A large crowd of family, friends, community members and more gathered in the sanctuary at First Baptist Church in New Albany Friday morning, Oct. 8, for the memorial service for William “Bill” Major Tucker. First Baptist Church Pastor Rickey Blythe started the service by saying that the day was about celebrating Tucker’s life. “In […]
Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting of Blue Mountain College were named Tuesday the TranSouth Athletic Conference Runners of the Week. Rowland, a junior from Ripley, and Epting, a sophomore from Baldwyn and East Union High, were selected after their strong performances in the weekend’s Mississippi College Invitational in Clinton. “Tuesdae and Austin are two of […]
Skies were clear and calm in Scooba Thursday, October 7 but Northeast Mississippi Community College’s football team let loose a rushing storm on East Mississippi and captured sole possession of second place in the North Division. Northeast’s running duo of Jaquise Cook (Ripley) and Jamarcus Goodloe (Leighton, Ala.) accounted for 349 yards on the […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on