The Union County Development Association has scheduled a public meeting next Tuesday to take a look at look at the community’s recent Riverfest event and start planning for next year’s festival. The meeting is set for 5 p.m. in the Magnolia Room of the Magnolia Civic Center. “All citizens interested in the future and the […]
Several local law enforcement officers had their hands full Thursday morning as they began an inter-agency round-up of several Union County individuals involved in the drug trade. Members of the New Albany/Union County Drug Task Force, in partnership with Union County sheriff’s department deputies, New Albany police officers, Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics officers, as well […]
The Urchins are on a roll, and their success this cross country season continued Monday, as East Union swept the Union County Championships. Held at their school, the Lady Urchins took the varsity girls title with 33 points, followed by Myrtle with 45. East Union placed three runners in the top 10, five in top […]
When Clark Rowan took over as one of the park directors in Sherman, one of his primary goals was to create a youth tackle football program, targeting Union County. “Right now, there are some places that have it, but it focuses on their kids,” he said. “There’s nothing designed for Union County, and I want […]
Tyler Basil was named the Bulldogs’ “Player of the Week” for the Oct. 8 game versus Itawamba. Basil completed 9-of-18 passes for 156 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions and ran for 19 yards and another score in the Bulldogs’ 48-13 win over the Indians. Pictured with Basil is NAHS head coach Ron Price. The […]
This year, National Wildlife Refuge Week will be celebrated from October 10 through October 16. During this week, wildlife enthusiasts throughout Mississippi will join with millions of others across America in celebrating the diversity and resources of our national wildlife refuges. National wildlife refuges are dedicated to the conservation of fish and wildlife and […]
It’s not often that I have the chance to catch a good Monday night football game, but lucky for me, I was able to watch the Saints and Cowboys this week. I know what you’re thinking, “Elizabeth, the Monday night game was the Jets and Vikings,” but before you think I’m crazy, I’m not talking […]
New Albany makes a short trip to Ecru this week with the hopes of remaining undefeated and earning another division win. On tap this week is North Pontotoc, a team that has performed better than their current 4-3 record. Losing two straight games in the fourth quarter, the Vikings’ high-scoring offense, led by quarterback Brandon […]
Dear Edtor: Concerning the proposal of an established code for rental properties: I personally own two rental properties. I am in favor of action being taken by the city concerning the physical state of such properties. I have discussed this issue with Mr. Dunnam and feel that, not only I have a clear understanding of […]
I’m sitting here trying to sort out what happened to my weekend. Fall is here, and I was going to finally get down to doing some serious gardening. Our new house had some grass and a little bed of shrubs in the front when we moved in. But that was about it. We had a […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on