Barry and Debbie Jenkins of the Pinedale community are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Emily Noel Jenkins to Justin Randle Stripling, also of Pinedale. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Sam Bolen of Pinedale and the late Mr. Corbin D. Jenkins and Mrs. Emogene […]
Kyle Thomas and Lorin Kleman were united in marriage on June 5, 2010 at the “Chapel in the Pines” in Senatobia, Miss. with family and friends. Attending were parents of the bride and groom, Hugh and Angela Thomas and Page and Russell Hudson, all of Olive Branch, Miss. Grandparents of the bride and groom included […]
Mr. and Mrs. Donald L. Pierce of Houston, Texas are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Julianna Elaine Pierce of Houston, Texas, to Russell Steven Kirkland of New Albany, Miss. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mrs. and Mrs. Moses Schimmel of Houston, Texas, the late Jeannie McGuire Pierce of […]
Barbara Urania Hudson Young Ford, age 99, of Etta, died Monday, Oct. 18, 2010 at Baptist Hospital of North Mississippi in Oxford. She was born Dec. 3, 1910 in Union County to the late William Joseph Hudson and Maggie Russell Hudson. She was a school teacher until 1941 when she became a full time wife […]
Andy “A.D.” Smith, 66, of New Albany, died Oct. 17, 2010 at his home. Survivors include his mother, Wilma Smith Rogers of New Albany; two children, Andy Tables and David LeSure of Memphis, Tenn.; his siblings; his godchildren, seven grandchildren and a host of other family and friends. Visitation will be from 1 to 7 […]
Warren Norwood, 84, of the Hurricane community, died Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 at his daughter’s home. He was a member of Hurricane Baptist Church, where he had served as a deacon. He was a graduate of Pinedale High School, where he was an All-State basketball player from 1944 to 1946. He was awarded a […]
Kristen “Sissy” Carol Conley Hall, 29, of Blue Springs, died Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010 at University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham. Survivors include her husband, Robert Adam Hall and her son, Parker Leighton Hall, both of Blue Springs; her parents, Norma Jean and Mitchell Roberts; a brother, and a grandmother, all of New Albany. Funeral […]
Melvin Locke, 72, died Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Miss. in Oxford. Survivors include his wife, Aline Robertson Locke of Oxford; special cousins, a special sister-in-law and caregiver and several other cousins, nieces, and nephews. Visitation was from 5 until 7 p.m. Wednesday, at Waller Funeral Home. The funeral service was at […]
Lou Etta Henderson Jordan, 90, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2010 at her residence. She was born May 19, 1920 in Union County, Mississippi to the late Joe and Lizzie Adair Henderson. She was a retired supervisor for Irwin B. Schwabe. She enjoyed working in her yard and gardening. She was a member […]
Bobby J. “Dolly” Payne, 78, of Blue Springs, died Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010 at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He is survived by four sons David Payne, Robert Payne, Henry Payne and Andy Payne; a sister, four brothers, 11 grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren. Services were at 1 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010, at the United […]
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Columbus Day holiday won’t affect most services October 7, 2015
- City school board updates policy on overnight, other field trips October 7, 2015
- Kirk defeats cancer through faith in God, family October 7, 2015
- State Main Street president says local program one of best in state October 7, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act on several items but subdivision, sign, metal siding ordinances still not settled October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on