Mary “Mae Lee” McKinzie, 81, of Blue Mountain, died Oct. 7, 2010 in her home. Survivors include her children, Samuel McKinzie of Pontotoc, Martha Smith and Darnell McKinzie of New Albany, Caryolyn Smith, Auther Lee McKinzie, Danny McKinzie and Mary Jane Graham, all of Blue Mountain, Dwight McKinzie of Olive Branch, Paulette Bailey of Myrtle, […]
George Austin Chunn, 93, of Mobile, Ala. (formerly of Batesville) died Sunday morning, Sept. 26, 2010 at Norwood Point in Mobile, Ala. Mr. Chunn is survived by his daughter, Sandra Chunn Trussell of Mobile, Ala.; 2 sons, George Darrell Chunn of Austin, Texas and Benny Chunn of Hattisburg; six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. A graveside […]
Onie Mae Rainer, 75, of Boston, Mass., died Sept. 6, 2010 at the Brigham and Women Hospital in Boston. Onie Mae leaves to celebrate her memory three children: Gregory, Richard and Travis and 10 grandchildren all of Boston, Mass.; sisters, a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends, both of Boston and Missisippi. There will […]
October is National Fire Prevention Month, which is a time for reminders on how to keep safe from a fire and how to prevent fires from ever starting. Mark Whiteside, assistant chief with New Albany Fire Department, said, “As cooler weather and the holidays approach, so does the chance for fire in your home. We […]
A forum discussion was held Tuesday night to discuss changes that need to be made at next year’s Tallahatchie RiverFest. Phil Nanney of the Union County Development Association organized the meeting and heard ideas from community members, business representatives, and city officials. Some of the items discussed were to limit the number of food vendors […]
Mickey Basil, 48, of the Enterprise community, has announced his candidacy for Union County School Board, District 2. Mickey graduated in 1985 with a finance degree from the University of Mississippi and has been employed with R. J. Reynolds for the past 25 years. He and his family attend Bethlehem United Methodist Church. Basil stated […]
The Mississippi Association of School Administrators announced Tuesday afternoon that New Albany School District Superintendent Dr. Charles E. Garrett, Jr., has been selected as the 2011 Mississippi Superintendent of the Year. Garrett will also represent Mississippi on the national level for being chosen as the American Association of School Administrators 2011 Superintendent of the […]
Citizens of Ward 4 in New Albany will have the opportunity to select their new alderman on Nov. 22, the New Albany Board of Aldermen announced Tuesday. The board voted to set the special election to be held the Monday before Thanksgiving. According to New Albany Mayor Tim Kent, the selection of this date was […]
When all was said and done last Thursday afternoon, the New Albany/Union County Drug Task Force had netted 13 arrests in its round-up. According to New Albany Police Department Narcotics Officer Chris Glasson, the round-up was the result of a six-month to a year-long investigation involving cooperation between his department, the Union County Sheriff’s Department, […]
New Albany native and resident William Major ”Will” Tucker, Jr., 25, has announced his candidacy for the Alderman Ward 4 post in New Albany. The son of Kelly Banks Tucker and the late William Major “Bill” Tucker, Tucker graduated from New Albany High School in 2003 and the University of Mississippi with a degree in […]
- Saturday is deadline for voter registration for Nov. 3 election September 30, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Second Rubber Duck Regatta called success October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on