Northeast Mississippi Community College’s storied softball team continues to rack up honors as we edge closer to the 2011 season. Four players, as well the Lady Tigers coach, have been selected to represent the Lady Tigers in the 2010 Domino’s Mississippi JUCO All Star Showcase. Sophomores Robin Franks, Leslie Hendrix, Taylor Moore, and […]
Applications for assistance from the 36th annual Sharing at Christmas program are now being taken at the New Albany Gazette office, 713 Carter Ave. Resident families of Union County in need of help may apply this week. Forms also are available at the New Albany City Hall, the Union County Chancery Clerk’s office and at […]
The Union County chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution honored Marjorie Ann Randolph Bevill for her fifty-year membership in the Ishtehotopah chapter during a recent chapter meeting. Bevill became inspired with the ideals of the DAR at age 18 when she attended Northeast Mississippi Community College and the house mother at the girl’s […]
Bill Morgan, 54, has announced his candidacy for the office of Ward 4 alderman in the Nov. 22 special election. Morgan, a lifelong resident of New Albany, is a graduate of W.P. Daniel High School and has been self-employed in the dirt excavation business since 1974. He has been married to Paula Coker Morgan of […]
As of press time Tuesday, seven residents of New Albany’s fourth ward had qualified to run in the Nov. 22 special election for the board of aldermen seat, with only several hours to go until the deadline. According to New Albany City Clerk Frankie Roberts, seven persons had qualified as candidates in the election: Jody […]
Is it over yet? On Saturday night, Buzz Lightyear, Woody and Snow White came to our door. So did a lot of their friends. It seemed like it was Halloween for a week. Thankfully, we were prepared. A couple of months ago, one of our neighbors asked if anyone had described to us what happens […]
The New Albany economy got a boost last week with the announcement by Diversity-Vuteq that it will begin hiring for its new plant in the Martintown Industrial Park. The facility, which has stood as a shell for months while awaiting a decision by Toyota to proceed with its assembly plant at Blue Springs, will be […]
Union County ended the second year of their program with an impressive 36-16 win over Jumpertown on Thursday night. Broderick Montgomery ran for four touchdowns, three in the first quarter, leading UC’s offense on the ground. Up 16-0, Shaquille Hollimon had an interception that led to an 80-yard run by Montgomery to give them […]
New Albany capped a perfect regular season with a 49-6 win over Tishomingo County at Kitchens’ Field Friday night. “It’s been a good year. We never expected it to be this good, but to finish the regular season at 11-0, I have to give all the credit to our coaches,” NAHS head coach Ron […]
- All in a week’s work October 6, 2015
- Lady Urchins sweep and finish perfect in division October 8, 2015
- Urchins travel to Mantachie for key division contest October 8, 2015
- Master Gardener Pat James becomes pumpkin man October 9, 2015
- Hospital ‘Tree of Love’ offers opportunity to honor others and help patients October 9, 2015
- Union County cross country results October 10, 2015
- Big plays sink the Urchins October 10, 2015
- Friday Night Lights: Bulldogs route Byhalia for first division win October 10, 2015
- Community Health Fair October 9, 2015
- Aldermen act to restrict limit downtown parking, yard sales October 9, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on