Mr. Edward Grant of New Albany, Miss. and Mrs. Barbara Davis of Booneville, Miss. are proud to announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter Emily Jean Grant of New Albany to James Thomas West of Baldwyn. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Mr. John Todd and the late Dorothy Todd and the late […]
Horse-drawn carriages, gravel roads, and the advent of the American road system were the topics of conversation and discussion at last week’s Museum Moments program. Museum Moments is held at the Union County Heritage Museum on a monthly basis and New Albany native and photographer Lowry Wilson was the speaker of this program that was […]
The following New Albany Elementary School students had artwork selected to be in the first annual Rock Bottom River Run art exhibit sponsored by the Tallahatchie Arts Council: Carey Beth Doyle, Alex Wilhite, Jayla Ligon, Aliyah Jackson, Brayden Stephenson, Christopher Rogers, Rocio Lemus, Cecelia Pullman, Jacob Hogue, Rob Montgomery, Hunter Hodges, Isabelle Campbell, Nathan Bennett, […]
A variety of items were approved at Monday’s Board of Supervisors meeting. Union County Emergency 911 Coordinator Mildred Churchill came before the Board of Supervisors Monday morning and the board agreed that the effective date for Voice Over Internet Protocol was set for Sept. 1, 2010. Union County Tax Assessor and Collector Dennis Rakestraw submitted […]
It’s become somewhat of a routine now – traveling to and from the nursing home on Hwy 30. Tonight’s trip home was just before sunset, and the layer of deep orange falling below the tree line ushered me into a meditative mood. The Old Testament speaks of God’s people erecting stone altars along their journeys […]
Drew Bruce spoke for the evening service Sunday, Sept. 19, at Sherman Church of Christ. Trae Foster, CJ McDonald, Austin McDonald, and Cody Gore led in the singing. The Sherman Church of Christ youth devotional was held Sunday night, Sept. 19, after evening services, and then movie night was held in the parking lot of […]
Greeting from our side of the county. We trust everyone had a safe weekend. Ms. Billie is doing really well with her arm. Mr. Frank fell this past weekend and ended up in the hospital for several days. He’s at home now…and Mr. Frank, we sure hope you are better real soon. Mr. Virgil and […]
Dana Bramlitt Hello, Ingomar fans! It’s been another great week at Ingomar High School, and there is a lot to hear about! First, Ingomar High School students in Mrs. Roben Denton’s English III and English IV classes participated in the Tallahatchie Riverfest writing competition. Students wrote first person narrative essays based on a gardening […]
- County still trying to find solution to likely loss of jail trusties June 24, 2015
- Museum Madness registration underway July 1, 2015
- Groundbreaking for museum expansion will be Thursday July 1, 2015
- Man faces series of auto burglary, theft charges July 1, 2015
- Holiday weekend schedule changes include rare Saturday circuit clerk opening July 1, 2015
- Spring cleaning? Well, sort of July 1, 2015
- Honoring our nation July 1, 2015
- City school board adopts no-tax-increase budget, makes money-saving deals July 1, 2015
- Supervisors discuss funding Tupelo women’s shelter, industrial tax exemptions July 1, 2015
- Circuit clerk’s office to be open for voting Saturday despite holiday July 1, 2015
- Edwin Montenegro: Yeah welcome to south American toyota. We love you...
- Jackie Roland: Does anyone know if they are planning to put natur...
- Ron Smith: It is crazy how many parts there are to a garage d...
- whoknows: Correction. They're on track to become the first ...
- whoknows: Should get a beverage supply company to set up a b...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry