With a playoff berth and bragging rights on the line Thursday night in Fulton, the 18th ranked Northeast Tigers dropped a 20-17 heartbreaker to arch rival Itawamba on the gridiron. Northeast took and early 7-0 lead on running back Jaquise Cook’s (Ripley) one-yard TD plunge at the 5:39 mark in the first quarter. Less than […]
County teams picked up division titles at the New Albany Sportsplex over the weekend and they now look ahead to the state championships on November 6. Myrtle, West Union and East Union swept their division races, winning on both the boys and girls sides. Savanna Shirley and Mallory Newby were the top finishers for West […]
For the past two seasons, New Albany head coach Ron Price preached to his team that they were moving in the right direction. Starting with his staff’s first win in 2008, the Bulldogs have battled heartbreaking losses and achieved signature wins. After Friday night, they now call themselves division champions after defeating Shannon, 27-13. […]
New Albany’s offense has several weapons, but none are more surprising than the rise of senior fullback Kelvin Worship. Making the move from defense and taking the place of Eric Johnson, Worship has exploded weekly and is now the Bulldogs’ first 1,000 yard rusher since Jeremy Cannon in 2007. “Going into the season, we didn’t […]
James and Leslie Randle of Pontotoc, Miss. welcomed daughter Claire Elizabeth Randle into the world on August 23, 2010 at 1:52 pm at North MS Women’s Center. She weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces and measured 19 inches long. She was greeted by sisters Grace, age 5, and Molly, age 3. She is the granddaughter of […]
Adam Palmer and Laken Moore, both of New Albany, Miss., welcomed son Camden Liddell Palmer into the world on July 8, 2010 at 5:06 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. He weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces and measured 20 ½ inches long. Camden’s grandparents are Sandra and Eddie Medlin of New Albany, […]
Tim and Diane Aldridge of New Albany, Miss. welcomed daughter Katelyn Brooke Aldridge into the world on September 30, 2010 at 10:47 p.m. at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County in New Albany. She weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long. She is the granddaughter of Jerry and Ladonna Aldridge and Paul and Helen […]
Jeff and Jonde Zinzer announce the newest addition to their family, Jayni Remington Zinzer. JayniBell was born August 17, 2010 at Baptist Memorial in Oxford. She weighed 7 lbs. 14oz and was 21 inches long. JayniBell was welcome home by her sister Bethani and her two brothers Mavryck and Hawkyns. Her grandparents are Donald and […]
Devon “Moo-Mo” Aquan Jones will celebrate his first birthday Saturday, October 16, 2010 at 3 p.m. with family and friends. He will have a Spiderman-themed birthday party. “Moo-Mo” is the son of Denise Jones of New Albany.
Mikel Jeffrey Jennings of Etta, Miss. celebrated his fifth birthday on August 29, 2010 at the New Albany Spray Park with a Spiderman theme. Family and friends were invited. Mikel is the son of William and Serina Jennings. He has a sister named Victoria “Vickie Lynne” Jennings, 7, of Etta. Mikel is the grandson of […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Families of Union Countians killed in service to participate in Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry