The general election for the first congressional district, nonpartisan judicial election for the court of appeals, nonpartisan judicial election for Chancery Court Judge, nonpartisan judicial election for Circuit Court Judge, and School Board Districts 1 and 2 will take place November 2, 2010. For Circuit Court Judge, District 3, Andrew K. Howorth is running unopposed […]
Northeast Mississippi Community College’s Division of Continuing Education will offer a five-week class on sign language. Classes will meet on Thursdays November 11-December 16 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. in Holliday Hall on the Booneville campus. Cost for the class is $45. Pre-registration is required and applications should be turned in one week prior to the selected […]
Hello to Ola Messer at Golden Living at Tupelo and to Virginia Busby at Health and Rehab in New Albany. Hopefully things are going better with you. The newspaper brought news this Wednesday that Mrs. Barbara Ford had died. I said another correspondent; that makes three this year. The other two were Johnnie Bell and […]
What a beautiful Sunday morning. The sun is shining, the fall leaves are floating downward as they flirt with the soft blowing breezes, and my crepe myrtle tress are beautifully dressed in their fall attire. According to our weather prediction I had best enjoy them today because by next Sunday the weather will be much […]
Lou McQuary It is with such a heavy heart that I write the news today. Such a tragedy has struck our community. A local teacher, Melissa Childress, passed away on Oct. 24. She touched so many lives at West Union, and she was dearly loved by her students. Currently she was teaching fifth grade, but […]
The days are cooler and it is a welcome relief for many of us that work outside. The summer was so hot this year or it seemed so maybe because I’m getting a little older. I hope you are enjoying the weather as much as I am, especially the rain we’ve had the last few […]
Bro. Lee R. Howell recently returned from his eighth trip to Europe. He served as a musician in the National Baptist Congress of Christian Education held in Mannheim, Germany. He was a voice major in graduate school at Jackson State University. Howell has had seven operations on his vocal cords for muscle spasms. The first […]
First Nine Weeks Special Honor Roll Grade 2: Alexis Siera Floyd, Mary Elizabeth Greer, Sophia Grace Hooker, Joshua Clay Jennings, Jordon Chase Lebo, Brady Keith McGregor, Mackenzie Grace Morris, Anniston Claire Orman, Bailey Lorraine Rhynes, Jacob Ryan Sanford, Madison Grace Bennett, Karegan Louise Boothe, Evan McDaniel Cooper, Taylor Deniene Herring, Victoria Lynne Jennings, Will Daniel […]
First Nine Weeks All A Honor Roll 1st Grade – Bryan Betancourt, Madeline Blackburn, E.J. Buchanan, Montana Bullwinkel, Emma Buskirk, J.D. Campbell, Chylolanda Carodine, Nicholas Ian Cathey, Caitlyn Coleman, Amanda Contreras, Kalaeya Cook, Riley Cooper, Anna Claire Covington, Miles Cox, Landon Dallas, Fletcher Daniel, Hayden Duran, Katie Evans, Endiyah Fikes, Alyssa Garcia, Kyleigh Gibbs, Emma […]
Jennifer Manning Happy Halloween and this is no trick, we now have 30 attending New Haven. My name is Jennifer Manning and I want to welcome Dealie Harris and Douglas Perkins. They said they wanted to come to New Haven to walk with us, and that will not be a problem. We recently visited […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Number of unemployed Union Countians back down slightly September 2, 2015
- Labor Day holiday to affect business, garbage collection schedules September 2, 2015
- Patriot Day program planned for Sept. 11 at Cine’ August 28, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Hoping to get a deal on some land September 2, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry