County rivals took top honors in Division 2-1A slowpitch softball, as West Union senior Leah Paige Goolsby and Myrtle sophomore Jenna Jordan were named Co-Players of the Year by the division coaches. Both teams made a run in the playoffs this season, with Goolsby and Jordan leading their respective teams at shortstop. The duo were […]
When I started at the Gazette, my primary focus was learning about football since that was the first sport and special section I would work with on my own. My predecessor, Mitchell Smith, gave me an odd look then explained that I would only cover one school, as this was before the county schools joined […]
New Albany will have the tough task of going on the road for their second round game this week, traveling to Kosciusko Friday night. The Whippets (8-5) enter the game off their 33-10 win at Cleveland in the first round, and while their offensive stats are not as impressive, they run the double wing formation, […]
New Albany opened their 2010 soccer season with a split over Saltillo Tuesday night. Graham Collins scored the Bulldogs’ first goal of the season in the fifth minute then assisted in the first of Gabriel Fernandez goals less than two minutes later. “We really didn’t know what to expect out of them, but we […]
The weekend turned out all right, I suppose. At least I wasn’t too tired to get up and go to work Monday. Based on my experience with air travel in recent years, it could have been otherwise. It all started several months ago when a close friend of my wife announced that her 30-something son […]
The Bulldogs were off to a hot start in their season opener, but Ingomar did not back down, keeping up with New Albany until the final frame of the 'Dawgs 68-58 win Monday night. New Albany raced to a 22-13 lead after the first, led by Tadarius Coburn's eight points. The Bulldogs fell cold in […]
Drew and Mallory Horn of New Albany proudly announce the birth of their son, Dawson Sanford Horn. He was born on September 21, 2010, at 10:24 A.M. at North Mississippi Medical Center. He weighed 8 pounds 15 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches in length. Dawson is the grandson of Larry and Janie Sanford of […]
Kayla Michelle Shaffer celebrated her third birthday on August 21, 2010 with family, friends, and special guest, Chick-Fil-A cow. Her actual birthday is August 18th. The party took place at Chick-Fil-A in Oxford and the theme was Little Mermaid Ariel. Kayla is the daughter of Bro. Don and Christy Shaffer of Batesville, Miss. She has […]
Terri Azlin and Dustin Kenneth Pounders of Pinedale, Miss., welcomed son Nathan Lee Pounders into the world on September 10, 2010 at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County. He weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces and measured 19 1/2 inches long. He was greeted by his brother Jackson Wayne Pounders, 6 years old and his sister Sidney Elizabeth […]
Thomas and Shelby Bagwell of the Beulah community were married on November 23, 1960 at Temple Baptist Church by Reverend Robert Walker. A 50th wedding anniversary reception will be held on Saturday, November 20, 2010 from 2-4 p.m. at Beulah Baptist Fellowship Hall, County Road 72 in Myrtle, Miss. The celebration will be hosted by […]
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry