A review of annual bids was discussed at the weekly Board of Supervisors meeting Monday morning. Annual bids were taken on items that were discussed, but are not limited to hot mix, rip rap, asphalt emulsion, clay gravel, limestone, and crushed limestone. The companies submitting the bids were Nunley Trucking Co., Inc. out of Iuka, […]
An investiture ceremony for newly elected Third Circuit Court Judge John A. Gregory is scheduled for 2 p.m. Dec. 30 at the Chickasaw County Courthouse in Okolona. Chancellor Kenneth Burns will administer the oath of office. Retired Circuit Judge R. Kenneth Coleman and retired Chancellor James S. Gore will be guest speakers. Judge-elect Gregory will […]
The Northeast Union Firefighter of the Year Award was presented to Firefighter Sherry Richey. The award is given annually to a Firefighter who has exceeded the requirements expected of his or her position and has shown a distinct pattern of community service and professional achievement. Firefighter Richey is a Certified Firefighter and Certified Apparatus Operator […]
Cade Maxey celebrated his birthday on Nov. 25, 2010 at home with his family. Cade is the son of Scottie and Heather Maxey. He has a brother named Zack Whitehead and a sister named Chasity Whitehead. He is the grandson of Jimmy and Kathleen Maxey of Enterprise and Gary and Melba Stanford of New Albany. […]
Jessica and Adam Brown of New Site, Miss. would like to announce the birth of their daughter, Claudia Ann Brown. Claudia was born September 9, 2010. She weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces and was 20 inches long. Her grandparents are Teresa and Mark O’Callaghan and the late Claude Roberson, all of New Albany, and Nathan […]
A physical game went in favor of Water Valley, as the Lady Blue Devils defeated West Union, 47-32, on Tuesday. The Lady Devils used the free throw line in the win, connecting on 14–of-22 shots from the penalty stripe, capitalizing on 21 West Union fouls. Courtney Phillips led the Lady Devils in the first quarter, […]
Shekera Dawkins lifted the Lady Hawks in the final minutes of their game against Ingomar, leading Holly Springs to a 40-36 win. Dawkins scored four points to bring the game within one-point, 33-32, and after a free throw by Dana Bramlitt, Kenyada Burns tied the game, for the first time, at 34. Shelly Grisham converted […]
Robert Montgomery led a 12-0 run in overtime to lead the Hawks over West Oktibbeha, 83-71 in the final game of Myrtle’s Christmas Classic Tuesday night. The Timberwolves opened the extra period on a 6-0 run with four points from Dantaveaus Crawford. Montgomery and the Hawks connected on 10-of-11 free throws after that point to […]
Three or four months after I arrived at the Gazette in May 2009, a friend asked if I had started working on Sharing at Christmas yet. “What’s that?” I asked. “Oh, you’ll see,” she said, with a laugh. As I arrived home Friday night, with aching feet and back, I remembered that conversation. Friday was […]
Holiday party season is here and at many parties there will be beer, wine or liquor. So, it’s a good time to remind ourselves that if we drink, drink responsibly. Don’t let that beer or glass of wine with dinner turn into more than that, and a blood alcohol content that could impair your driving. […]
- Lady Eagles fly past Lady Rebels September 28, 2015
- Gooch and Thompson power Lady Falcons to win October 1, 2015
- Supervisors get update on debts owed to county October 2, 2015
- Witt named to NEMCC Hall of Fame October 2, 2015
- Low unemployment rate continues for county October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins drop Mooreville from unbeaten ranks October 3, 2015
- Saturday noon is voter registration deadline October 2, 2015
- Lady Urchins secure division title with win over Baldwyn October 2, 2015
- Fast start gives Urchins win in division opener October 2, 2015
- Accolade for Baptist October 2, 2015
- guest: "Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not...
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
Visit New Albany
New Albany Main Street Association
New Albany Schools
Union County Development Association
Union County Library
Union County Heritage Museum
Mayfield Law Firm
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Thames Family Dentistry
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Flu shots expected to be more effective this year but adults may need other vaccinations as well on
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies on
- Election commission disqualifies Browning from education superintendent’s race on
- New Albany High on way to becoming state’s first all-iPad school on
- NAHS students get to pick up iPads next week on